Thursday, November 11, 2010

Thankful Thursday-Life is an Adventure



Laurie at Women Taking A Stand is our hostess this month for Thankful Thursday.  Today, she wrote about something that had been on my mind lately.  She said she was thankful for everything that she had went through because that made her the person she is today.

I totally agree.

While I couldn't say it at the time I was going through my various trials, today I thank God for the experiences.  I am a stronger person for having gone through having an alcoholic parent, infertility and having a bi-polar spouse.  Job losses, doctor bills, leaky roofs, totalled cars, scary doctor diagnoses, appliance breakdowns - I know now that God will help me through each and every trouble that comes my way.

How do people who don't know God make it?

I am so thankful that I know where to run when life gets tough!  I run to the Rock!

I'm reminded of a song by Dottie Rambo:

Where do I go,

When there's nobody else to turn to

Who do I talk to,

When nobody wants to listen

Who do I lean on,

When there's no foundation stable

I go to the rock

I know he's able

I go to the rock



Chorus:

I go to the rock of my salvation

I go to the stone that the builders rejected

I run to the mountain and the mountain stands by me

When the earth all around me is sinking sand

On Christ the solid rock I stand

When I need a shelter

When I need a friend I go to the rock



Where do I go (x2)

When the storms of life are threating

Who do I turn to

When the winds of sorrow blow

And is there a refuge in the time of Tribulation

I go to the rock

I know he's able

I go to the rock



CHORUS (x2)



I go to the rock (x4)

You can go to the rock (x4)

I go to the rock (x6)

When the earth all around me is sinking sand

On Christ the solid rock I stand

When I need a shelter

When I need a friend

I go to the rock






If you'd like to join in with other thankful hearts, visit Laurie at Women Taking a Stand.

5 comments:

  1. Amen!!! I love that song too!!! Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Difficult times can be so hard, but my husband and I TRY to ask God what we can learn from it. Sometimes he is using these things to build our character. Gold has to be heated up to become clean and pure. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So totally agree, and loved your post. I love that song.

    Thankfully, hard times, disappointments, often create strong Christians. I can look back and see how I've grown through the tough stuff.

    Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. as they say,God never gives us burden that we cant carry. never give up 'coz He is always been there. trials makes us a better, stronger and wiser person. happy TT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, yes! Who would ever think to ASK for hard times? But God uses them so perfectly. And, yes - in retrospect we understand.
    Thank You, Father!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.