Friday, November 12, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #114
Ah, isn't it wonderful? It's Friday!
On Fridays, I like to look back on my week and choose 5 things that uplifted me. Some weeks are easier than other weeks to find these gems, but they are always there if we look hard enough!
1. On Sunday, since I was still in the throes of a nasty sinus infection, I tried another new soup recipe. When I feel bad, soup just seems comforting. This time, I tried Lisa Writes "Chicken Tortilla Soup." It smelled so wonderful as it cooked in the crockpot!
2. Monday and Tuesday nights I worked on my devotional for Wednesday night. I have to say that I have a couple favorites when it comes to bible study. I totally love using the internet when studying. There is so much wisdom out there that people are willing to share! (Of course, you have to be sure that the material you find lines up with the Word. And it goes without saying, give credit where credit is due.) I know a lot of people malign the internet and point out all its dangers, but there is a lot of good you can use the internet for as well. My go-to site for study is first and foremost, Bible Gateway. I love how you can look at the different translations while studying. I like to compare 2 or 3 versions for scriptures that really speak to me. (Right now, I'm really loving the Holman Christian Standard Bible version.)
3. At Wednesday midweek service, I presented my topic, "Don't Worry, Be Trusting." I felt good about what I had written, but not so good about my delivery. I had several bouts of coughing while trying to speak which made me cut out a lot of ad-libbing so that I could hurry along and finish. I will share my notes next week with my blogger buddies. At least, I was thankful that I had gotten through it and did the best I could do.
4. A great thing that happened this week was that the church that I work for full-time has selected a new pastor! Everyone seems very optimistic and upbeat about the changes that are coming along. I'm always thrilled to see the church in unity, it's a beautiful thing to see!
5. My last highlight might be a tad frivolous, but I am excited to have new jeans! We dress casual on Fridays, but my jeans were getting so faded, they looked as if I might wear them to clean out the garage. I found a pair of straight leg jeans that are very dark and look good with boots. I feel much better wearing dressier jeans for Casual Friday!
So, how did your week go? If you'd like to share, you can link up over at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. It's a great group of bloggers who join in on Friday's Fave Five - you'll love them all!