Monday, October 18, 2010

The Simple Woman's Daybook - October 18, 2010




FOR TODAY, OCTOBER 18, 2010



Outside my window... 54 and it promises to be a warm sunny day with temps reaching to 82.  It's more like a mild summer day than fall!
I am thinking...of all that needs to be accomplished this week at work.
I am thankful for...for my home, family and friends.
From the kitchen...pinto beans, cornbread, macaroni and tomatoes, spinach  I started the pinto beans and put them in the crockpot.  Our daughter, Elissa, is going to cook the rest of it for me when she gets home from work.Gotta love that!
I am wearing...gray pants, turquoise top and sandals. 
I am creating...a peaceful environment
I am going...get to stay home in the evenings this week, but look out next week!
I am reading...my new Country Living Magazine
I am hoping...for inspiration in choosing the music for Sunday's evening worship service.
I am hearing...the dishwasher draining.  How I love modern technology!  (When it works!)
Around the house...my hubby took care of lots of chores around the house ... hanging new curtain rods, spray painting a mirror, fixing a water leak.  He's a keeper, for sure!
One of my favorite things...coming home to dinner already cooked.
A few plans for the rest of the week: getting my hair highlighted, catching up on my coupon cutting (I'm still behind...)
Here is picture for thought I am sharing...


This is picture I took of a monument at a scenic overlook in Kentucky.  I love it!  The Cross - A symbol of Hope and Peace:  Because He died on a cross, we have Hope for salvation, and we have Peace because it proves He gave His all for us!

Daybooking is a concept of Peggy Hostetler from The Simple Woman's Daybook.  Click where it says HERE to join in.

10 comments:

  1. Hi, sounds like your week is going well. Our son is coming over to paint the kitchen/dining/living room as it's open concept area and do other repairs/updates since hubby is still recovering from shoulder dislocation/fracture...Getting things freshened before the Holidays.
    Enjoy the Peace!
    ~~HUGS~~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yuummmmm....mac and cheese and pinto beans...two of my favorites. Sounds like you have an awesome week headed your way. I love the cross picture. There is one in Tennessee....near Sweetwater on I-75 that I love to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful picture! Sigh~ I don't thing I will ever get caught up (& stay caught up!) with my coupons.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, that picture is beautiful.

    Well, I empathize with the never getting caught up on coupons. Coupons, clothes, dishes and rabbits - they're all in the same category!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like a good week to me too!

    Enjoyed the picture shared..

    Dinner being done is wonderful!!

    thanks for your friendly comment on my daybook by the way. :) :)

    daybooking is alot of fun, I am enjoying it! God bless you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh such a nice blog, thank you Jerralea for sharing with us bloggers, hope your day is filled with lots of blessngs, Barbara from Barbara's Bakin N Bits.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a little late. I hope the beans were great. One of my favorite all day cooking meals.

    I will keep my husband too. He is awesome at spider killing and cooking. As well as many other things.

    I got my roots shortened last night! Aint nothing like it when the highlights actually go all the way to the scalp. ;)

    Hope the rest of your week is restful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is a beautiful picture, Jerri!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi,

    Thanks for visiting my little corner of the blogosphere.
    I enjoyed this peek into your week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your menu sounds so good! And it IS nice that your hubby does all those things around the house. Mine does, too--but I always have to be there to help him! lol:) I love the picture of the cross. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.