Friday, October 15, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #110
As I look back on this week, I have to be honest and say that not much happened. No significant events happened that I could use for blog fodder. Again, it was a week of focusing on the little joys that make up my life.
1. My morning cuppa: It's now cool enough in the mornings that it feels just right as I sit at my desk, sipping a cup of hot tea, and reading my various devotionals, emails and facebook messages. I always use my SOUTHEAST MISSOURI UNIVERSITY MOM mug and my hot tea always has fat-free gourmet half and half in it!
2. Makeover: I did have one significant event, now that I think about it, and that was step one of a makeover that my hairdresser and I have planned. I got a new haircut. Next week will be different highlights than what I have now. A new haircut is always fun, and so far, I like it!
3. Soup Weather: I love this time of the year when it's cool enough to have soup or chili for dinner. I've got some new soup recipes I want to try, and any kind of inspiration for the kitchen is certainly a welome favorite. After you've been cooking for 34 years, you get a little burned out making the same dishes.
4. Cool enough for Cardigans: I like to layer cardigans, blazers and jackets with my outfits, BUT I do not like to get "over warm." It's beginning to get cool enough to get out some of my short sleeve jackets and cardigans, so I'm excited.
5. Mums: Fall just means mums to me. I love all the gorgeous colors of mums, especially the yellow ones. Our neighbor next door to the church I work at has a couple of beautiful yellow mum bushes that just perk up the neighborhood!
I'm sorry I have no photos to share this week. I still need to get out and get some fall pictures. The season will pass quickly!
If you would like to share the highlights from your week, link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. Choose 5 highlights from your week, big or small, whatever brought a lift to your heart, or a smile to your face, and share it with us! You'll be glad you did!