This week, our hostess, Linda from 2nd Cup of Coffee, has had a little help from her friend, Linda at Mocha with Linda.
1. Do you prefer to read the book or see the movie? I definitely prefer reading the book. I'm a voracious reader - reading is my life!
2. What is your favorite holiday and why? Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday because I love the focus on being thankful, and I love the family get-together and the food!
3. Which do you like better - the mountains or the beach? I like them both, but since I grew up in Florida, I feel I should be loyal and say the beach.
4. If money were no consideration, what vehicle would you drive? I'd drive a brand new Lexus SUV (I don't even know what they are called!)
5. What is your favorite cold-weather beverage? I love to sip a cup of hot tea when I'm cold.
6. How do you communicate most often with your friends: phone, email, text, face-to-face, or Facebook? Email is my preferred choice of communication.
7. How do you receive your mail? Mailbox on the porch, at the end of the driveway, down the street, or post office box? Our mailbox is at the end of our driveway.
8. Of the four basic personality types - sanguine, phlegmatic, melancholic, and choleric - which is your strongest? Which is your least evident? (See definitions below.) This is a difficult question because I see myself in all of the basic personality types ... I would say that I'm most like a sanguine and the least like a phlegmatic.
9. What do you miss the most about being 20? I miss being skinny the way I was at 20.
10. How long from the time you get up, does it take you to get ready to walk out the door in the morning? I like to putter around the house, blog, read email, sometimes do laundry so I need about 3 hours from the time I wake up until I walk out the door.
11. Who handles the car maintenance and pays the bills in your family? My husband takes car of all the vehicles and I pay the bills.
12. For those in the US, how many states have you visited? For those outside the US, how many provinces/other countries have you visited? I have actually visited 15, passed through about 25. I would like to see all the states sometime in my life.
Personality type definitions courtesy Wikipedia:
The Sanguine temperament personality is fairly extroverted. People of a sanguine temperament tend to enjoy social gatherings, making new friends and tend to be quite loud. They are usually quite creative and often daydream. However, some alone time is crucial for those of this temperament. Sanguine can also mean very sensitive, compassionate and thoughtful. Sanguine personalities generally struggle with following tasks all the way through, are chronically late, and tend to be forgetful and sometimes a little sarcastic. Often, when pursuing a new hobby, interest is lost quickly when it ceases to be engaging or fun. They are very much people persons. They are talkative and not shy. For some people, these are the ones you want to be friends with and usually they become life long friends.
A person who is choleric is a doer. They have a lot of ambition, energy, and passion, and try to instill it in others. They can dominate people of other temperaments, especially phlegmatic types. Many great charismatic military and political figures were cholerics. They like to be leaders and in charge of everything.
A person who is a thoughtful ponderer has a melancholic disposition. Often very considerate and get rather worried when they could not be on time for events, melancholics can be highly creative in activities such as poetry and art - and can become occupied with the tragedy and cruelty in the world. A melancholic is also often a perfectionist. They are often self-reliant and independent; one negative part of being a melancholic is sometimes they can get so involved in what they are doing they forget to think of others.
Phlegmatics tend to be self-content and kind. They can be very accepting and affectionate. They may be very receptive and shy and often prefer stability to uncertainty and change. They are very consistent, relaxed, rational, curious, and observant, making them good administrators and diplomats.
If you'd like to be random also, link up with Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.