I say this every week, but seriously? It's Friday again? The week flew by!
1. God's Protection: I give thanks for this constantly. (Hey, I have three daughters who are on the road all the time!) This past Sunday night, I was driving home on a road that is appropriately enough named Grapevine. It was dusky dark, when all of a sudden I came up on a deer that was standing by the side of the road. He was standing so close, in fact, that his front hooves were on the white line on the shoulder. He was big and sported a magnificent rack. I didn't have time to count the points on his antlers as I whizzed by, but he was by far the biggest and oldest buck I'd ever seen. Thank God he didn't step further into the road or I might not be here to tell about it.
2. Sense of Accomplishment: This week, I had many tasks that needed to be completed, both on the job and for my roles as board member, worship leader, and Sunday School teacher. God enabled me to get them all done. Usually I have an anxious feeling when so much needs to be done, but this week I had a peace and just went from one thing to another.
3. El-Shaddai: One of the things I was doing this week was preparing a bible study for midweek service at my church. (All the board members are taking turns leading the bible study. This week was my turn.) My topic was the Names of God. What a blessing to study the names of God and the characteristic that each name means! This is going to be a two part (or maybe three part) study because this topic is so rich and too much to cover in one sitting. Anyway, one of my favorite names is El-Shaddai, the All Sufficient One. He is sufficient for every need we might have. I've heard it described this way: "He is the God of More Than Enough." I love it! He is more than enough for whatever you might be facing!
4. Cooler weather: I give the Lord praise that it has cooled down a little in my part of the country. Instead of 98° or 100°, it has been in the low 90s and the humidity is better. I'm looking forward to low 80s but I'll rejoice in 90° temps anyhow.
5. New washer: I'm excited because this week my new High Efficiency front loader washer was installed. My old washer was having an issue that it didn't want to spin all the rinse water out, so I'm in heaven with a washer that really works! Bonus: It seems like it gets my white clothes much whiter!
I also have to share the Quote of the Week with you: "If you are facing a situation today that seems hopeless, one for which you have no answers, pray Jehoshaphat's prayer: "Lord, I don't know what to do, but my eyes are on You." Stay focused on Him until the answer comes." … David Jeremiah
How about your week? Would you like to share the highlights of the past seven days? Link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story. We'd all love for you to share!