I love to look back on my week and relect on the good things that happened. Things that made me happy or smile in the midst of every day life. There is a wonderful group of people that participate in the meme, Friday's Fave Five, and they share the highlights from their week. Visit Susanne at Living to Tell the Story if you'd like to learn more.
1. For those of you that know me, you understand that new dishes bring me joy. Here are a couple of photos that show more of my latest obsession:
The table was only set for three that night ...
I bought these black plates at Good Will in Florida, $1.06 per plate! The napkins and glass salad bowls were yard sale purchases. Since I love table settings so much, I have to be frugal to indulge my obsession. As regarding storage, these black dishes are very thin. I bought 5 dinner plates and 5 dessert plates. They only take up about 4 inches in one of my stacks of dishes.
2. Another thing I did this week that my FFF buddies know I love was to take another road trip. This time, hubby and I went to a place on the Ohio River. (Usually, we visit the Mississippi River parks.)
I love photos with blue sky, clouds and water.
These barges were filled with coal.
We sat on a bench and watched boats go by ... sooo peaceful!
We stayed a long time ...
til dusk ...
3. I enjoy visiting historical sites. We also visited Fort Massac on our road trip. Unfortunately, my camera batteries were beginning to die on me, so only a few shots:
I took this next photo upstairs in one of the bunkhouses looking out the window across the courtyard to the other bunkhouse.
Here's a photo of a statue of George Rogers Clark, the famous explorer.
It was a good day ...
4. Later in the week, I went to a ladies meeting at church. The highlight of that day was that we felt new direction from God. In essence, "Quit waiting for your church to grow so that you can help hurting people, help hurting people now, and THEN your church will grow." As hearing from God always does, we felt excited and rejuvenated and ready to "keep on keeping on."
5. Last night, Hubs and I went to pick up something from Home Depot and then visited our favorite pizza place. We always order the "Saluki Special," which is a supreme pizza featuring sliced apples. Yum!