Friday, May 14, 2010
Friday's Fave Five #88
I hope y'all had a great week - I sure did. Every Friday, I join in on one of the greatest memes - "Friday's Fave Five." The object is to look back on your week and choose 5 highlights and then link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share.
1. Mother's Day Banquet - Last Saturday, the men of our church cooked a meal and served it to the ladies of our church to celebrate Mother's Day. It was awesome! I love it when guys cook ... I love it even more when they wait on me hand and foot and THEN do all the clean-up! Thanks, men of Cornerstone! [As a good blogger, I should have gotten pictures on them in their white aprons carrying plates of food to us! Alas, it didn't even occur to me ...]
2. Favorite Restaurant - My family took me to O'Charley's for Mother's Day. I love to go there! I love to get the combo appetizer plate. I always have to get a to-go box because I can't eat it all.
3. Sentimental Cards - what can I say? I'm tender. I totally love to get "mushy" cards and I especially like the sender to write their feelings inside the card. This year, all three of my daughters and my husband gave me cards with touching memorable letters inside! It really made my day and caused tears to come to my eyes. I just love a good cry!
4. Besides words of affirmation, I also love gifts. Two of my favorite things to get are blouses and jewelry. Mother's Day gifts were a bonanza of the aforementioned items. Love it! My family knows what I like.
5. A great week at work. This week just went by like a dream. Very little pressure, no big problems, enjoyable conversations with all who came by the church - life was good!
How about you? Did you have a good week? Come tell us about it, here.