1. Please share one memory of your high school graduation. Pics would be great!
I tripped going down the stairs from the platform after receiving my diploma. Praise the Lord there were no photos of that little faux-pas. But what sticks in my mind more than that is what happened AFTER graduation. My Dad wanted me to come home at midnight after a graduation party but I stubbornly argued that now that I was 18 (boy, those words have came back to bite me), I could stay out later. So at about 2 a.m. I headed home. Terrific rainstorm blew in. I lived down a little dirt lane. I sunk my car up to the frame of the car in mud about 1/4 mile from home. So, here I am at 2 in the morning, walking home in my graduation dress and heels holding an umbrella! Once again, Dad was right!
2. What is one "emergency use" item you keep in your vehicle at all times?
Flashlight. I'm considering adding a complete change of clothes to be always kept in my van. Not for my kids - for me!
3. In your region, do you celebrate graduation open houses? Addendum: (If so,) how many open houses/bridal showers/weddings are on your upcoming events calendar?
There are some parties after graduation ... but not really open houses. No bridal showers or weddings on my horizon ... yet.
4. Tell me one truth you believe about motherhood.
I believe your job is never over, the job description just changes.
5. What was the last thing you broke?
I can't remember ...
6. On average, how many pieces of junk mail do you receive daily?
At home, 3 and at work at least 5!
7. Do you like to shop by catalog?
Catalog? You mean, by internet? Yes I do, if I can get free shipping - except for shoes. That never works out!
8. Is lawn maintenance at your house a "his job," a "her job" or "his/her job" or "that's why we have teenagers" job?
Definitely lawn maintenance is a "his job." That is the way my folks handled it, and his folks handled it - who are we to buck against tradition?
9. Which room would you like to redecorate in your home?
Our bedroom could stand to be redecorated ... seems like all the cast off decorations are in there!
10. Do you read a newspaper regularly, or do you read most of your news on line?
I read the headlines on my home page, that's about it. News makes me depressed ...
11. Do you believe everything happens for a reason?
I sure do. I believe that as a child of God, my steps are ordered. He knows where I'm going and what will happen to me. Nothing can happen to me that He doesn't allow, and He only allows those things that will produce His desired will for me. Anything that happens to me - He will bring good out of it.
12. Are you more worried about doing things right, or doing the right things?
Well, I am a perfectionist ... but it's more important that I want to do the right thing.
Would you like to see how others answered these questions? Visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee!