It's Friday! Time for one of my favorite blog parties, Friday's Fave Five. This is the time to reflect on my week and choose five highlights.
1. Like so many of you, last weekend was very busy. In spite of the busy-ness, I took time out to do an Easter craft. (I love me some crafts, but since I began working two jobs, I rarely make any.) I was inspired by Lori at Life As Lori to make Easter egg topiaries. Pictured below is my attempt.
The sad thing is that I didn't buy enough materials to have my creations look like Lori's. You can see hers here. So, I had to make do with what I had because I would have had to drive 24 miles to get more supplies. (Story of my life--that's the joys of living in the sticks!)
My next four highlights all happened on the same day!
2. On Tuesday, our new computers were delivered! Recently, I had gotten a new computer at work, but now we got two new ones for home. (We usually buy something for the home once a year and this was it.) In our family, delivery of new computers is definitely a red-letter day! Now, I should be able to blog more often. (If only I could buy more hours in my day ...)
3. Next, I took off work to go with my hubby to test drive a new vehicle. We ended up buying a new-to-us Chrysler Town & Country van. We missed driving a van - we've had a car for the last five years. Now, I've more space for yard-saling ... and for going to Florida! (I'll post a picture later.)
4. Our monthly "going out to eat" with our extended family. Since Jim's mom passed away, his brothers and sister all agreed to making it a priority to go out to eat with each other once a month so that we could keep in touch. All our lives are so packed with activity that if you don't schedule getting together time, it won't happen.
5. Last thing that happened Tuesday was that my sweet hubby went while I was at a meeting and picked up my new shoes that I had ordered. I don't often order shoes, but I was blessed - they fit!
How did your week go? Link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share.