Thursday, April 1, 2010
Random Dozen - Chicken Edition
1. How do you feel about the marshmallow Easter Peeps?
I, myself, am not crazy for them, but my kids. Have. To. Have. Peeps. It's not Easter without them.
2. Chickens are notoriously nervous creatures. When you are nervous, what is the best way to calm down?
I listen to Praise and Worship Music. I hear that some "chicken ranchers" play music in their henhouses to calm the chickens ...
3. People say, "April showers bring May flowers." Do you enjoy Spring rains?
I enjoy a gentle spring rain when I can stay home and curl up with a book. I dislike deluges on the days I'm getting groceries. Slinging sacks of provisions into a wet cart and then loading them into a trunk dripping water onto my head is not my idea of enjoyment.
4. When I was randomly flipping through TV channels this week, I saw a show in which tattoo parlor employees received tattoos of a co-worker's face on their bodies. I can't imagine having a portrait of a colleague tattooed on me. But if someone forced you to receive a portrait tattoo (face only) of anyone, who would it be? Why?
I would rather die than have a tattoo. (Sorry for expressing strong feelings.)
5. Would you rather have a tattoo (any kind) or a nose ring?
See answer #4. Ditto for nose rings.
6. Do you have any special plans for Easter?
We do have certain traditions for Easter. I always get the fam a new outfit to wear to church for Easter Sunday. I always do Easter baskets even though the kids are grown. I just buy them peeps, some sort of chocolate, and one gift. We always have ham and hawaiian bread for dinner. We always dye Easter Eggs (well, I dye them - the kids don't like to do it.) Then I put them in my cut-glass bowl that is shaped like a basket and admire them.
7. Cadbury Eggs or Reese Eggs?
8. What was the last thing/person you took a picture of?
My table set with my favorite dishes and salad fixings just because I thought it looked pretty.
9. What book are you reading now, or what was the last one?
Robert Whitlow's "Greater Love." I just love Robert Whitlow books. (He writes fiction about Christian attorneys.)
10. What do you think is the most difficult task when it comes to Spring cleaning?
Washing windows ... I've always hated that.
11. How many pairs of flip-flops do you own?
2 pair, one of which is barely broken in... I'm not really a flip-flop person
12. Which color makes you happiest?
To join in randomness, visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee.