Wow! It's been a fast and furious week and it's hard to believe that it's Friday already. You know, last week's Friday's Fave Five post bothered me a little because it seemed to focus so much on material things. I do NOT believe in materialism, I don't think that is what this life is all about. However, sometimes God just blesses us in this way and I certainly want to give Him praise for material blessings.
This week, in between all the deadlines at work, meetings at night, preparation of meals and just day-to-day tasks, I really focused on some important things to me:
1. I just had joy in living! One of my favorite scriptures is John 10:10, Amplified Version:
"...I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it overflows)."
In the midst of my busy-ness, I felt flashes of pure joy. I am so blessed and it is a favorite thing for me to realize it!
2. Time with my hubby: This past Saturday, my husband and I took a little road trip to a town about an hour away. (We wanted to see how our van drove on the interstate - it was awesome.) We had a great time of visiting, did a little shopping and ate at one of our favorite restaurants. It was great!
3. Enjoying the beauty in nature: I am loving springtime and the flowering trees! In my area, the purple flowered trees (don't know what they are called) are blooming everywhere. All the dead-looking trees now have leaves on them. My drives to and from work, church and meetings have been enjoyable just because of the scenery.
4. I love it when my lawn gets mowed! Yesterday, Jim mowed our grass and the yard looked so nice. I love the smell of fresh-cut grass. Bonus: my hydrangea that looked so brown and dead has popped out all over with green leaves. Can buds on the branches be far behind?
5. I've received much inspiration this week and hope to be sharing in upcoming posts. For today, I will share a new favorite quote:
"Mess causes stress. Getting your home in order will help you get your life in order. " Kathy Peel from Busy Mom's Guide to a Happy Organized Home
I hope you had a fun interesting week. Why not join in and share about it at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story?