Thursday, March 18, 2010

Dozen O'Random, March 18, 2010


1. On a scale of 1-10, how superstitious are you, honestly?
I'm not superstitious at all, so it would be 1.  I believe my footsteps are ordered by the Lord.

2. Julius Caesar is quoted as saying, "I came, I saw, I conquered." Which circumstance or experience of yours does this saying best describe?
I think my workplace experience describes "I came, I saw, I conquered" best.  Each job that I have had was an experience in scheduling and organizing.  Once I was there for awhile, I felt I had my "little office kingdom" running smoothly!


3. If I peeked in on your day like a mischievous little leprechaun, at what time would I most likely find you blogging?
Let's see ... I blog in the morning, blog in the noontime, blog at suppertime. Or in other words, I blog when I'm not sleeping, working, driving or at church.


4. Re springing forward for Daylight Saving Time, is there anything you've ever been really early or really late for?
Once, we forgot to spring forward, so we were one hour early for church.  Really surprised the Pastor, because we usually slide into the pew just as the service begins.


5. What are you most looking forward to concerning Spring?
I am anxiously anticipating green-ness.  I am so sick of looking out onto dead landscapes.  I want to see green grass, green leaves, and as a bonus, lots of crocuses, tulips, daffodils and flowering trees.


6. Shamrocks are the national flower of Ireland and are picked on St. Patrick's Day and worn on the lapel or shoulder. Do you wear green on St. Patty's Day?
For years, I didn't own any green clothes, so I could have been pinched on St. Patty's Day.  However, now I own a tunic that has brown, lime green and yellow, so I wore that for St. Patrick's Day.


7. One of Caesar's assassins, Casca, said, "But, for my own part, it was Greek to me," which of course means he didn't understand something. Probably his own lines in the play. Anyway, what is something that is "Greek to you," something incomprehensible or indecipherable?
Any math that is above basic algebra is incomprehensible to me.


8. Is March behaving more like a lion or a lamb where you live?
March is behaving like a very small lion where I live.  It's just been breezy.


9. "An extra yawn one morning in the springtime, an extra snooze one night in the autumn is all that we ask in return for dazzling gifts. We borrow an hour one night in April; we pay it back with golden interest five months later." -Winston Churchill. If you had one extra hour per day every day, what would you do with it?
Why, blog more, of course!


10. Legend says that every Leprechaun has a pot of gold hidden deep in the Irish countryside. Aside from real gold or money, what material item would be in your dream pot of gold?
My dream pot of gold would contain a new house with plenty of space to fill with thrift store goodies that I would repurpose in my spare non-blogging time.


11. "The best things are nearest: breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of God just before you." Robert Louis Stevenson. Look around you right now and tell us about something essential or beautiful very near you that you take for granted every day.
Lately, I've been impressed how beautiful the friendship and love of my church family are.  I especially think it's so beautiful when we gather around the altar and pray for one another's needs.


12. Just for a bit o' fun, click here (www.blogthings.com/irishnamegenerator/) and then report your Irish name. Mine is "Zoe O'Sullivan." I love it!
This is hilarious.  My name is Izett Brennan!  (I never heard of Izett before ...)


Join in the fun!  Visit Linda at 2nd Cup of Coffee to read everyone's random answers.

2 comments:

  1. Izett, thanks for visiting me today. Isn't it fun reading the Random Dozen. It's one of my favorite days of the week. I've only been doing it for about a month now but I like it. I'm here blogging all day too! Hope your having a great week. Very nice to meet you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed these answers...Izett :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.