Once again, it is Friday, and time to participate in Friday's Fave Five. FFF is a time when one looks back and reflects on the past week and chooses 5 highlights.
This week has been largely uneventful, yet there are always favorite things if I just look for them.
1. Fuss-free mornings: When the kids were little, and school was in session, sometimes the mornings could be hectic. I had one child that was always difficult to get out of bed, and another child that always seemed to lose one shoe and would tell me about it just as the bus was coming. I don't even want to discuss their taking turns in the bathroom. (We only have one bathroom for a household of five.) Now that the girls are in high school, mornings run much smoother. I don't even have to get them up anymore. They drive themselves to school, and they take responsibility for getting their own outfits together. They even know when it's their turn for the bathroom and, most of the time, don't stay in there past their alloted time. Ahhh ... it's great! Why this week, I even got to work early twice!
2. Cooler weather: Temps in my area have dropped from upper 90s to low 80s. Tomorrow, it's supposed to be 75 degrees! I lurve me some cool weather. I do not like to sweat ... which is why sometimes I dream of living where Susanne, Marg and Karyn live -- or Kathie at PEI!
3. Favorite quote: "Your future has no room for the mistakes of your past." Joyce Meyer. That makes me think of the Apostle Paul saying "I focus on this one thing: Forgetting the past and looking forward to what lies ahead." Phil. 3:13 NLT I need to be reminded from time to time to forget all my past mistakes. What's important now is where I'm headed!
4. Pretty dishes: One evening this week, I had salad for dinner. I used all the cut glass dishes that I have been collecting to serve the salad. (I always serve my salad ingredients in separate bowls so that everyone can put what they like in their salads. It also makes leftovers last longer when stored separately.) I wish I would have thought to take a picture because it looked so pretty. I believe in serving food in a nice presentation. I think it makes for more enjoyment at the table.
5. Early to bed: Several nights this week, I have went to bed early. I read a few chapters in my book and then on to dreamland! What can I say? I love to sleep!
What about you? How did your week go? Why not link up at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share?