Thursday, August 20, 2009

Thankful Thursday-Friends





This week's Thankful Thursday's hostess, Iris at Grace Alone, has chosen to thank God for Friends.


“No longer do I call you servants, for the servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all that I have heard from my Father I have made known to you.” ~ John 15:15 (ESV)


One of my favorite praise songs is "I am a Friend of God" by Israel Houghton. Here's the lyrics:



VERSE:


Who am I that you are mindful of me


That you hear me, when I call


Is it true that you are thinking of me


How you love me, it's amazing (Who am I Lord)



CHORUS:


I am a friend of God


I am a friend of God


I am a friend of God


He calls me friend



BRIDGE:


God Almighty


Lord of Glory


You have called me friend



Isn't it mind-boggling to think that the Ruler of the Universe wants to be your friend! I can't get over it! Seriously, He could treat us as slaves. He'd be more than justified to do so. Instead, He loves us and asks us to talk to Him constantly (pray without ceasing).


He's all I need. Yet He also allows me to have human friends. I have been blessed over the years to have some good, true friends. In each season of life, there would be a friend to help share my joys and struggles. I've never been a popular person with lots and lots of friends, but God has always sent me what I needed, such as my forever friend, Cora. You can read about her here.

I'm very thankful for friendship, both divine and human!

To read what other thankful hearts have to say,
click here.

3 comments:

  1. I have been so blessed by my friends over the years. I really don't know what I would have done without them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful song, blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely song! So simple yet so meaningful! Thanks for sharing it here. God bless you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.