This month's Thankful Thursday, Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage, has chosen the topic, Summer Fun for today's posts.
Although my favorite time of the year is spring, there are things about every season that I love. I praise God for giving us a variety of seasons. As much as I love spring, wouldn't it be boring if it were spring 365 days a year?
Here's my summer top 10:
10. The smell of fresh-cut grass
9. Watching little kids play T-ball.
8. Riding bikes
7. Grilling out
6. Getting out of town for a few days (wherever that might be)
4. Fresh-from-the-garden tomatoes!
3. Corn on the cob
2. Tea-ade, my favorite summer-time drink (2 parts tea to one part lemonade)
and my number one favorite thing in summer:
1. Yard sale-ing (a new obsession)
Note how sad it is that most of my list has to do with foods ...
I am thankful that God gives us a variety. Ecclesiastes tells us that to everything there is a season. God has a timing for everything. Just as there are climates in our weather that bring change, there are seasons in our lives.
You can find things to be thankful for in whatever season of life you are in if you are willing to look for them. That is why I like to participate in Thankful Thursday, it causes me to be intentional in giving Him praise.
If you'd like to join us, link up over at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.