This month's Thankful Thursday hostess, Lynn, chose the theme of being thankful for simple things.
I love the little simple pleasures that we so often take for granted!
1. I'm thankful for the wonderful feeling when I sink into my mattress every night at bed time. Ahh.... It feels so good! It always makes me think of the scripture:
"... for He gives [blessings] to His beloved in sleep." Psalm 127:2
2. On those marvelous days, when the temperature is just right, and the breeze is blowing gently, I love to sit on my glider in the backyard and gaze at the fields and trees around me. He has given us such a wonderful environment!
3. When I've been out on a bike ride, and feel really hot and sweaty (or glowing as we women from the South like to say), there's nothing like coming into the cool air-conditioned house and sipping on a sweet tea!
4. I so love going on a drive with my hubby looking at the various beauties of nature. If I can stop and capture scenery on camera, so much the better!
5. I'm always so thankful when one of my kids comes up to me, and for no reason, hugs me tight and says "Mom, I love you." There's no better feeling.
To read other thankful hearts, please visit Lynn at Spiritually Unequal Marriage.