It's the most wonderful time of the week! Friday! And it's time for my favorite meme, Friday's Fave Five. This meme encourages us to look back on our week and choose 5 favorite things.
Here are mine, in no special order:
1. For Independence Day, I made this awesome recipe called "Strawberries and Cream Dessert." However, the fam has renamed it, "Luscious Strawberry Dessert." It. Is. That. Good.
I found this recipe at the Tasty Tuesday Blog Party that Jen at Balancing Beauty and Bedlam hosts. This recipe is from Glimpses of Sonshine's website. If you'd like the recipe, click here.
2. This week, my hubby and I planted a big pot of petunias. My favorite is the dark purple petunias - their leaves look like velvet.
3. You might remember that last Friday, I was gone yard sale-ing hoping to find some treasures. Alas, that did not happen. There were only 4 yard sales in a city of 35,000! Can you believe it? Apparently, people do not want to have yard sales on holiday weekends!
Therefore, since we quickly toured the 4 sales and found nada, zip and zilch, we went to thrift stores and Hobby Lobby.
I found a steal at Hobby Lobby. This gorgeous platter and ginger jar for 80% off! I know I didn't need it, but these blue and white treasures look so good against my yellow kitchen walls.
4. Next, we went Goodwill hunting. Here is my find of the day: a beautiful cut glass platter that set me back $1. It goes well with the platter I already have propped up on the lower part of my china cabinet. (See above picture.)
5. Last, but not least, on Wednesday was my hubby's birthday. I'm thankful for another year that we have shared together - definitely a favorite thing!
If you'd like to see how everyone else's week went, head over to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story.