Thursday, March 26, 2009

Thankful Thursday - Random


It's time to count our blessings. I do write a lot about thankfulness and sometimes I feel I might be repeating myself. Truly, we do have a world of things to appreciate. Today, I thought I might focus on some of my everyday blessings:

  • Chocolate - it just makes me happy.
  • Spell Check - a writer's best friend. (I did say this would be a random list, right?)
  • Sweet Tea - another thing that makes me happy and just seems to pep me up.
  • Email & Comments on My Blog - ok, I'm a "words of affirmation" girl. I truly love when people comment (so far I haven't gotten any negative ones) and I love personal email. Forwards? Not so much.
  • Books - I'm a voracious reader and would be lost without something to read. I even read the backs of cereal boxes. It's part of who I am - queen of a wealth of trivial knowledge!
  • Different translations of the Bible - It helps me so much to compare versions when I'm studying. My favorites are the Amplified Version, the New Living Translation, and The Message. Of course, I compare them with THE standard, the King James Version. If I'm having trouble grasping a concept, I read all four versions and usually feel much more enlightened. I might add that the first step is always to pray and ask the Holy Spirit for illumination of the scriptures.

Well, I must save some for another day. Look around you. I feel sure that, like me, you'll be able to list several every day blessings in your life. Now go share them over at Lynn's, Spiritually Unequal Marriage.

11 comments:

  1. Love your list! My tea is unsweetened, however :) Spell check, though, I am extremely grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have so much to be thankful for! Enjoyed your list.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great list. I'm pretty thankful for chocolate, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have such a sweet spirit...and such a thankful heart! I've been blessed here today!

    Big hugs to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! Awesome blessings, all of them. Happy Thankful Thursday to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. To a fellow reader - I enjoyed your thankful list! Blessings to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the list. Have a good night!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love chocolates!!! yummy! and i love your list. blessings to you, jerri.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Chocolate, and sweet tea, my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great List!!!

    I love reading the differnt translations also. It is fun to see how they get read the same thing differently.

    I think French Fries would be added to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Delightful and honest list. I enjoyed visiting here. Have a wonderful weekend. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.