Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday - Sparkly Dishes


It's already time for Works for Me Wednesday! Instead of my usual organizational tips, today I will share a frugal tip.

Vinegar.

It is awesome.

Now you may have heard this before, but just in case you haven't, vinegar is a great rinse-aid in the dishwasher! If you're like me and have hard water, adding vinegar to the rinse cycle will make your glasses sparkly!

I'm all about sparkly ...

Some people pour vinegar in the rinse-aid dispenser. I set a timer for 41 minutes -- I have carefully researched this -- and when the timer buzzes, I put 3/4 C of white vinegar in the bottom of the dishwasher. Works for me!

For other awesome ideas, head over to Shannon's at Rocks in My Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. Oh! I did not know about this one! Thank you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I pour vinegar in the rinse aid compartment. I would so fail at it if I had to set a timer!! I also keep a big jug of vinegar in the laundry room. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been using baking soda or Borax to wash mine. Forgive my chemistry stupidity. . .would they work together? (or would my dishwasher take off to the great unkown?) Isn't it amazing how many uses we can find for vinegar?! Great post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also use vinegar in the laundry room. I'll try out the dishwasher. Great tip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, I haven't heard of using vinegar this way. I will have to give it a try!
    Carrie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.