Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Our Gift

Today is a very very important day. It is the day that I celebrate receiving a wondrous gift - our daughter, Elissa. She is 22 today. I don't know how that is possible considering I just gave birth to her a few short years ago!

My heart feels so full when I consider the blessing that she is. She is many things: a beautiful attractive college student who just got all A's, a wonderful helper, a fantastic big sister who helps keep her siblings in line, a comedian who makes us laugh, a translator to her parents on what her sisters actually said/meant, fashion coordinator, technological advisor, math genius, awesome gift buyer, loyal friend, but most of all a seeker and lover of the Lord Jesus Christ.

My prayer for each one of my babies was that they grow to become an enthusiastic, on-fire woman of God. I see my prayer for her being answered every day in her life. I am so excited to see what God is going to do through her!

I thank God for the beautiful gift He has given us in Elissa. He always gives the best!

3 comments:

  1. He always gives us the best...as in, I'm your favorite daughter?

    =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday to your daughter! And thank you for stopping by! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.