It is really hard not to do something you've always done.
Three of my characters in my novel do this when trouble comes their way:
- one runs away
- one shoots off her mouth
- one explodes with temper
Can you relate?
The thing is, no one can promise you a trouble-free life.
Even believers are not promised everything will go their way. In fact, Jesus said:
I have told you all this so that you may have peace in me. Here on earth you will have many trials and sorrows. But take heart, because I have overcome the world.” John 16:33 NLT
You see, if we have Christ in our heart we can overcome any obstacle that comes our way.
It's a promise we can stand on.
Yet in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him who loved us. Romans 8:37 NKJV
The next time trouble comes along, ask Jesus to help you respond in the right way instead of reacting like you have always done.
You might be surprised how much better things go!
~~
This is Day 25 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I have created my characters to become overcomers by learning to forgive, let go of the past, and rely on God. It's a process!
The Birthing My Book 25 Day Challenge is now over, but I am having so much fun I don't want to stop! So, I will be popping in weekly to share more about the life of a writer. Soon, there will be an opportunity for you to sign up and read a free chapter. I can't wait!
~~
Some have asked how they can find all of the Birthing My Book posts. You can follow me on Instagram @ jerralea or visit me on Facebook at Jerralea Winn Miller to find the posts, or see the landing page here to find links to all the posts. I would be honored if you would like and share the posts that resonate with you.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
In the meantime, I'm covering you with prayer. I'm radical enough to believe that anyone who visits here at the Journey will be drawn by the Holy Spirit to find out who Jesus is and then accept Him as their Savior. You have your own free will, of course, but why wouldn't you want Him, once you know the truth about Him?
By the way, I hope you visit often to find out more truth!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.