Tuesday, September 8, 2026

Boundaries Must Be Set

As a writer, I have found boundaries must be set to protect my time.Time can flitter away before I know it. 

In fact, anything worthwhile needs time set aside to accomplish the goal. If it is worth doing, it's worth sacrificing your free time.

We live in a time when we are very easily distracted. We have an information overload going on and it can be very tempting to listen to every voice that comes along.

I will never be able to read all the books in the world  - I probably will never even finish all the books in my genre.

There is not enough time in the day to listen to every podcast - and I do love listening. But, I can't keep up with everyone.

So, I must choose between all the voices in my world.





Here's the best guide I have ever heard when it comes to who or what gets my attention:

Summing it all up, friends, I’d say you’ll do best by filling your minds and meditating on things true, noble, reputable, authentic, compelling, gracious—the best, not the worst; the beautiful, not the ugly; things to praise, not things to curse. Put into practice what you learned from me, what you heard and saw and realized. Do that, and God, who makes everything work together, will work you into his most excellent harmonies. Philippians 4:8-9 THE MESSAGE

 

I have determined to set boundaries against anything that encroaches on a positive, faith-filled mindset. I believe God has great things in store for me and my family. I am putting my trust in Him and keeping my mind focused on Him.

What about you?

~~

This  post was written in response to the prompt, "boundary" chosen by the group of writers at the Five Minute Friday community.

I'm also launching a new series, My Writer Life, which will have 1-2 posts a week exploring my life as a writer of a novel. This series will go well with my Birthing My Book series. Hope you follow along!

~~

I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.


Sharing at Five Minute Friday


All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.