My goal as a writer is to encourage my readers, so I like to share resources I have found that also encourage them.
Today, I want to give a shout-out to Eva Burkholder, whose book, In Every Moment: Recounting God's Goodness in Overseas Life released in May of this year.
Eva's book is both a memoir and a devotional relating her experiences as a missionary overseas. If you are thinking about going into missions, or love and support someone who is walking down that path, this book is for you.
One of the stories Eva told in her book was about moving into their apartment close to a mosque in their new country. They were so tired and so she, her husband, and their baby had just got settled in bed for the night when an overwhelming noise woke them all up and their baby started screaming. It was the Muslim's call to prayer over a loudspeaker that seemed to blare into every corner of their apartment. The call to prayer happened five times a day lasting for about 15 minutes at a time, Incredibly, after a while, they did get used to the daily interruption.
I highly recommend reading Eva's book. You will definitely gain specific ways to pray for the missionaries you support.
Also, I want to highlight the Hope-Book authors of the collaborative book, Brave Faith: Trusting God Through Life's Transitions, that launches today. These authors share their hard stories with us letting us know God will show up when we keep trusting in the midst of difficulties.
~~
As I said in my earlier post, "What are you reading?", writers are readers. Even though I'm busy working to improve my book, I do take time to read, learn and grow.
This is Day 14 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.
~~
I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.
Sharing at Let's Have Coffee


No comments:
Post a Comment
Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.