Tuesday, August 18, 2026

What are you reading?

Writers are readers. It's a fact.





I've always been a voracious reader even when I was a child. It was my coping mechanism. When life got too much, I would disappear into a good story.

One of the reasons I want to become an author is to write stories that give people hope. Maybe they will pick up something I have written when events have disrupted the flow of their lives.

I want words of truth woven into a good story to be a way the reader can be encouraged when the book is finished and it's time to step back into the real world.

Do you have some favorite authors?

Recently, I read Carrie Watts' book, Crisis of Faith. It was written for young adults but I think everyone can get a message of hope out of it.

Another recent treasure I found is the phenomenally popular, Theo of Golden, by first-time author, Allen Levi. It was a page-turner that was definitely hard for me to put down. I think one of the things I loved most about the book was the individual stories of every person Theo took the time to discover. 

It makes me wonder ... what are the stories of everyone I come across ... and how can I find out?

Do you reach for a good story when something disrupts the way you want things to be?

~~

This is Day 12 of taking my reader along a journey with me as I birth my book. I hope you consider checking in daily to see my progress.

~~

I'm also linking this post with the writers at the Five Minute Friday community. Their prompt this week is "disrupt" and I think a good story is the way to fight against disruption when it comes - as it always will.

~~

I write for believers, but if you are not a believer and would like to know more, visit A Ticket Home. to find the way Home.


Sharing at Sweet Tea & Friends, Five Minute Friday


All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.