Wednesday, November 22, 2023

Praise Posts 2023 - #4 New Eyes

For the first time in 50 years, I can drive without glasses! Amazing! 




I'm thankful for living in a time when technology has become so advanced, cararacts can be removed without having stitches. And now, lens can be put in to correct vision problems at the same time. Who would have imagined this?

It took me a week after my second surgery to trust myself to drive with no glasses. I felt like a baby bird being pushed out of the nest to drive on my own; but just like a bird, it didn't take me long to fly.

I'm giving God praise also for independence and wheels.

I'm also thankful for spiritual eyes and being able to see the amazing priceless gift Jesus extends to me simply because He loves me. I know better than anyone I don't deserve a single blessing. Because of His great love, He offers me not only eternity, but companionship and guidance on my travels to my spiritual destination.

Friend, He offers you that same gift!

But blessed are your eyes for they see, 
and your ears for they hear.
Matthew 13:16 NKJV

 



Welcome to November Praise Posts, a tradition that has been featured on the Journey since 2014.
 
I’ve much to be thankful for this season. I’m finished with cataract surgery in both eyes; and I'm waiting for my final exam to see what my exact prescription will be. For now, I'm using readers!
 
Therefore, this year’s praise posts are going to be short and sweet. I am definitely grateful for the huge blessings I have in my life; but this year, I want to focus on the small blessings of life. They are there if you just look!

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

~~


Thanks for dropping by the Journey! I want to always share my post, A Ticket Home, for those who might not know the way Home.

Have you read my Transformation Series yet? The landing page for all the posts can be found at Transformation: Becoming an Effective Prayer Warrior.

Sharing at Let's Have Coffee

3 comments:

  1. It is most wonderful when we realize we once were blind, but now can see :) And that goes both physically and spiritually. I'm so glad your cataract surgery went so well! May you have a blessed Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea I love the way Praise not only opens our eyes, but changes our perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Jerralea! Because a stigmatism makes my eyes football shaped (lense?), there's not much they can do, so I wear bi-focals. When I'm not wearing them, It makes me feel like I'm not quite awake. It is amazing how when we see both physically and spiritually, it changes how we feel about a day - and how we see it. You are seeing beautifully out of your soul-eyes! Shalom, Maryleigh

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.