Friday, November 3, 2023

Praise Posts 2023 - #3 Blankets

Thankful for blankets

 


There’s just something comforting about a blankie. Babies drag them around. Grandpas keep them tucked around their knees. Spectators at football games brave cold windy weather with blankets wrapped around them up to their chins.
 
Everyone loves a blanket. My favorite is a plushy animal print one. My husband’s is a brown velour blanket longer than he is. After all, what use is a blanket that does not cover you?
 
Spiritually speaking, I am thankful for love that covers me. Both the Old and the New testaments tell me:
 
But love covers all transgressions. Proverbs 10:12b NASB 1995
 
Above all, keep fervent in your love for one another, because love covers a multitude of sins. 1 Peter 4:8 NASB 1995

I’m glad for a family and a church family whose love blankets me. I’m even more thankful for a God who says He loves me with an everlasting love. That’s the ultimate comfort!


Welcome to November Praise Posts, a tradition that has been featured on the Journey since 2014.
 
I’ve much to be thankful for this season. I’m in the middle of cataract surgery on both eyes. It is going well; but it is limiting the amount of time I’m spending writing, both online and otherwise.
 
Therefore, this year’s praise posts are going to be short and sweet. I am definitely grateful for the huge blessings I have in my life; but this year, I want to focus on the small blessings of life. They are there if you just look!

All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy. 

~~


Thanks for dropping by the Journey! I want to always share my post, A Ticket Home, for those who might not know the way Home.

Have you read my Transformation Series yet? The landing page for all the posts can be found at Transformation: Becoming an Effective Prayer Warrior.

Sharing at Grace & Truth

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.