Friday, May 5, 2023

Stopping Sooner Saved My Life

Occasionally, I like to share my testimony. Recently I did so on Instagram. If you'd like to read it, click here.

My testimony includes an incident where I was almost poisoned by carbon monoxide while riding in the backseat of a vehicle. I had to be taken to a hospital where a doctor told my dad, “If you hadn’t stopped when you did, she might not have ever woke up.”

 


You see, my dad stopped for lunch sooner than he normally would. My dad was the kind of traveler who drove for the sheer joy of shaving minutes off the last time it took him to go somewhere.

 

We would beg to stop at a rest area or for lunch and he would say, “Soon. I’ll turn off at the next exit,” and then whiz by the exit and say he forgot.

 

However that day, I believe the Holy Spirit whispered to dad that he must be hungry and here was a good place to stop.

 

I have been told it was dad who said, “Hey, this looks like a good place to have lunch. Let’s go ahead and stop now.”

 

So, he pulled over, stopped the car, and then noticed I did not jump out and join the family, and discovered I needed help.

 

I’m alive today because Dad stopped sooner than usual.


~~~

 

Sometimes, I participate with a group of writers, Five Minute Friday, who write for 5 minutes on a weekly prompt. This week’s prompt is “Soon.” I was torn between two directions ... so I wrote them both. I'm sharing Option 2 based on the prompt here on the Journey. If you'd like to read Option 1, please visit Jerralea.com and read the post, "Soon is closer than it used to be ..."

8 comments:

  1. Jerralea! I praise God for this testimony, and intercession of the Holy Spirit to ensure we enjoy you today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That’s scary. Praising God with you that you are well. What a memory.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY for God's intervention there eh? FMF21

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That's scary, but such a great example of God's protection. Sometimes we don't even realize! Visiting from FMF#12

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some prefer to call it luck,
    and some think it the Hand of God
    when suddenly they're moved to duck
    and feel death's iron rod
    whisk past straight-upstanding hair,
    seen in flash, corner of eye,
    cleaving the affrighted air
    with a dun sheen passing by.
    To those who name it luck I ask
    how have you come conscious to here?
    Is blind fortune up to
    task
    of making you, and clouds, and beer,
    or is Creation's vast dimension
    not proof of Divine intervention?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for sharing this, Jerralea. It's amazing how just a few minutes here or there can make all the difference sometimes between life and death!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.