Thursday, June 23, 2022

Weekend Wrap-Up #3

PRAISES


My friends, I hope you have had a fantastic week. My week went by as a blur because of attending the grandkids' games and getting ready to go out of town. Still, there are always high spots:

  • I love the Cobb Salads at Chic-Fil-A! So yummy.
  • New nightgown. So comfortable! (Sometimes those little creature comforts mean so much.)
  • Evening breezes: Even though here in the midwest we were in the midst of a heat wave; by the time of the kids' evening games, there were breezes blowing. It really was not bad at all to sit and watch the kids play.
  • Game night: As a family, we love to play board games or cards after dinner. It's a great way to bond and have conversation; but it has been difficult to find something all age levels enjoy because the twins want to play, too. We found a good solution, the game of Spoons! (It's a game of matching 4 cards and then grabbing a spoon. You always have one spoon less than the number of players, so then one player gets eliminated. It's sort of like musical chairs with cards.) The kids love it if they can grab their spoons before their dad can.
  • Father's Day Get-Together: Because of busy schedules, we don't get to see Malia, Gavin and Rory as often as the other kids, so holidays are important when all 10 of us are together. I'm so thankful we live near enough to each other to make this happen. I'm very conscious that some don't get to celebrate together.
  • BONUS: I've got great Dad memories. My dad moved to heaven thirty years ago; but I cherish all those long-ago fun times

PRACTICING THE PRESENCE

    This week I'm persevering with my series, A Rich and Satisfying Life. I'm thinking about changing the way I do things. You can read about it here.

    This week also marked the end of my Living Intentionally series for my weekly devotional email, The Pit Stop. I'll be taking a break next week; and then we will dive into talking about God's faithful covenant love. (I'm always looking for more readers. Leave a comment below if you would like to study the word with me by receiving a once-a-week-devotional on Wednesday mornings.)



    PONDERING THE WORD

    Remember last week we talked about the fact God does not keep a list of our sins? (See Isaiah 43:25 MSG)

    Here's what He did with that list.




    13 You were dead because of your sins and because your sinful nature was not yet cut away. Then God made you alive with Christ, for he forgave all our sins. 14 He canceled the record of the charges against us and took it away by nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-14 NLT

    PRAYING THE PRESENCE

    Father,

    We are so grateful for being made alive in Christ and having our sin-debt canceled. We rebuke the enemy for reminding us of what You have already forgotten. Help us to walk in right-standing with You this week! We praise You for Your mercy! We love You.

    We pray this in the Name Above All Names, Jesus.

    So Be It.

    ~~

    Check out my latest post at Jerralea.com - Transformation: Changing Your Ways

    I'm sharing my post with the crew at Friday's Fave Five where we always look for five blessings in our week. I'm also linking up at Grace & Truth.

    7 comments:

    1. How wonderful to get together for Fathers Day with your entire family. A truly special thing.
      Yes I would like to get on your list for the Wed devotional. Your prayer really meant a lot to me. I'm still seeking healing from our Father and will also be having a follow up ENT appt (not expecting much with her) as well as a visit with my primary on Tuesday. Am really hoping she listens to me fully and has some answers and relief. at any rate, I have been rereading your email prayer to me and it keeps me focused. So thank you again.
      Yes...new nightgowns.....nice fresh breezes...all those simple things are a true blessing. Enjoy the weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    2. I didn't know Chick-Fil-A had Cobb salads! I love Zaxby's, so I'll have to check our CFA's, too.

      Yay for new, just-right nightgowns. I like knit ones so they move with me, but only a certain kind of knit that's not heavy or sleazy. It's getting hard to find. It's wonderful when I do.

      It's been very hot here, but we had some surprising evening breezes one night when we were outside with my grandson. So glad you had some for the outdoor games.

      So glad you had all the family together for father's Day! I love games, but my husband isn't into them so much unless the whole family is playing.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Love this post, Jerralea, so many wonderfl ways you are living and loving God and others!

      ReplyDelete
    4. Thanks for sharing your wonderful week with us, Jerralea! It's the little things in life that encourage and refresh us! I'm so glad you are getting wonderful memory making moments with your family. I'm interested in reading your intentional series as I'm in a year of intentionality. (Visiting from Grace & Truth)

      ReplyDelete
    5. Enjoyed your post. Getting together with family is one of my favourite things to do. Enjoy the weekend.

      ReplyDelete
    6. Love your weekend roundup Jerri.

      ReplyDelete
    7. We love it too when we can get together with all the family.
      What fun to be able to play games.
      And cool breezes are definitely a blessing.
      How thankful I am that all my sins are canceled!
      Have a good week ahead!

      ReplyDelete

    Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.