Friday, June 17, 2022

Weekend Wrap-Up #2

PRAISES


This week I'm thanking God for these blessings:
  • A/C and kids to help keep it running: We are in the middle of a heat wave, and our A/C decided to kick off after flashing a warning that meant it needed cleaning. Living as we do surrounded by cornfields, this is a yearly chore. Unfortunately, our unit is built into a wall and it is a real ordeal to get it out, taken outside and cleaned, then re-installed. Jim is still not able to lift truly heavy things so our son-in-law and daughter came to help. They are the strongest people I know!
  • Things that make me smile: I saw a license plate that read GROCGTR; should mine be PIKRUPR since I do pick-up orders?
  • Getting my ride road ready: We had a new belt, sensor and LED back-up lights installed, tires and brakes are good to go. We are ready to roll!
  • Haircut - due to games my grand twins have and the games my hair stylist's kids have, we've been unable to connect. My hair was getting quite bushy, y'all! It is now under control. Thanks, Selena!
  • The Plan Begins: The first step on the path to a debt-free retirement has begun. I know there might be obstacles along the way but so glad to get started. It's a two year plan that could possibly take three, but either way, I'm closer.

PRACTICING THE PRESENCE

This week's focus has been on my environment. I'd like to say both physical and spiritual; but my desire is to be authentic, so I'm admitting nothing happened to my physical environment. However, I really feel the spiritual is much more important and causes the physical to line up ... in time.

My next installment of A Rich and Satisfying Life at Jerralea.com was about the environment of our inner thought life. You don't HAVE to dwell on every thought that comes to your mind. 




This week's Instagram post adressed environment in terms of we are not here to be comfortable.

PONDERING THE WORD



But I, yes I, am the one who takes care of your sins - that's what I do. I don't keep a list of your sins. (Isaiah 43:25 MSG)

I know God says in His Word that He will remember our sins no more; but somehow I thought maybe He made a list of how many mess ups I've made. But He says there is no list ...

Whew!

PRAYING THE PRESENCE

Father,

I thank You for all the good things You have brought into our lives. You have truly blessed. Help us to keep our minds focused on You. Let us dwell on good, lovely and worthy things. Help us repent when we we've messed up, extend forgiveness to others and accept it for ourselves as well.

In Your Awesome Son's Name, we pray. 

So Be It.

~~

Check out the newest post at Jerralea.com - Environment Matters More Than You Know

I'm linking this post to the Friday Fave Five community and to Grace & Truth

5 comments:

  1. So nice to have that helping hand to fix the AC. And though getting car things fixed is no fun the anticipation of the road trips coming up is exciting. I love road trips. I had a haircut this week too and am thankful for hair that now does what it's supposed to. LOL. I'm wondering if you could email me your email address so I can add it to my contacts list. No matter what I try to figure out I cannot get your comments on my posts to come into my email so I can reply. And when I click on your email in your profile my account now wants me to jump a bunch of hoops.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed reading your weekly roundup. Have a great weekend friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love road trips and just returned from one to Iowa. It is more relaxing when you know your car is ready and raring to go.
    AC is a true blessing and having help to fix it is a blessing too.
    Have a happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah for road trips! love knowing we have central air when we need it although we haven't needed it much this spring. Have a wonderful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you had help with the AC. We've had a heat wave here in TN, too. I've been so thankful for AC and ceiling fans. I've been needing a haircut for weeks and hope to get to it this week. Mine just gets totally uncooperative when it gets too long. Glad the car is all ready to go! We've been working towards debt-free retirement, too, and are just about there, praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.