Monday, December 20, 2021

Because He Came 2021-Defender

If He had never come; who would say this for you: 



BECAUSE HE CAME ... I HAVE AN ADVOCATE.


1 John 2:1 New Living Translation (NLT)  My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

Easton's Bible Dictionary defines the Greek word translated advocate like this:

(Gr. parakletos), one who pleads another's cause, who helps another by defending or comforting him.

One of the perks of being a child of God is you can have a defender, not a public defender; but the finest legal talent ever,  the One who wrote the law. And the one whose mercy paid all the penalties.

Think about it - the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords is on YOUR side!

He can approach Father God and say, "She's one of mine; so I already paid for her crimes."

Case closed.



During the month of December, I'm adapting a few of my 2012 series, "Because He Came" posts for your Advent reflections. These are short and sweet, but give food for thought for the whole day.

You can go here to see a list of the original posts in the series.

~~

You're invited to check out my other blog, Jerralea.com and read my latest post, Announcement: Your Rescuer is Here.

I'm linking this post to the community at InstaEncouragements Link-up

*All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using personal, family and stock photos. Please do not copy.

1 comment:

  1. I'm so thankful Jesus came and that He is my defender.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.