Thursday, November 18, 2021

He Can Do More Than That

 


NOVEMBER 18

Now to him who is able to do above and beyond all that we ask or think according to the power that works in us— Ephesians 3:20 CSB

I have always liked this scripture because I love the idea He can do more than I can think. I've always said I have a pretty vivid imagination; and He can do above and beyond even what I can come up with. That's saying a lot.

In fact, if you read The Passion Translation of this verse, you will see it even addresses wild imaginations:

Never doubt God’s mighty power to work in you and accomplish all this. He will achieve infinitely more than your greatest request, your most unbelievable dream, and exceed your wildest imagination! He will outdo them all, for his miraculous power constantly energizes you. Ephesians 3:20 TPT

You can't ask too much of Him. Think about that. You. Can. Not. Ask. Too. Much.

As a child, I was always hesitant to ask my parents for much. I knew their limitations. I didn't want to seem needy or even greedy.

I need to remind myself of my Heavenly Father's resources. I'm not asking Him for something He doesn't have. 

Ephesians 3:20 tells me my biggest ask is just getting Him started.

Now, I'm imagining Him thinking, "Oh, if only Jerralea would ask for more. I could use her to accomplish fantastic things if she'd only speak up."

What? You think I'm going too far? I'm only trying to exceed my wild imagination.

Let me ask you something. What is your most unbelievable dream?

He can do more than that!



Praise Posts 2021 are all about praising God for scriptures that are meaningful to me. Currently, I'm sharing throughout November a scripture that means much to me.

I'm sharing this post at Tune In Thursday and Grace & Truth


All photos created in PicMonkey by Jerralea using family and stock photos. Please do not copy.

3 comments:

  1. Amazing thought for me tonight, Jerralea...That I "can not ask too much!!! " WOW! I can ask and if it aligns with what He wants for me...He will give it to me, for me. God knows all I need and it is always more than I can ask. Praising Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We cannot ask for to much, can we. And he is willing to help us and bless us, even more than our earthly parents. It's hard to imagine, but it is true.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us at Grace & Truth. You have reminded me to ask for more. Bowing my head right now to do just that. Maree

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.