Saturday, August 28, 2021

A life of rest



Rest has been heavy on my mind this week. 

Jim's brother, Rodney, passed and the family gathered for all the activities necessary for such an event. It was heart-wrenching since we all knew he had fought "the good fight" to live; yet in God's wisdom, the answer was something better for him - a life that is rich and rewarding and without pain. A life lived at the feet of Jesus.

We often say "rest in peace" to friends and loved ones we know have went to be with the Lord.

But we need rest in this life, too! 

Over at Jerralea.com this week's post, Desperate to Rest, addresses rest as trusting God.

Of course, here at the Journey, I've written about rest many times. I'm featuring the post How to Lighten Your Load today because it talks about spending time with Jesus, the best use of my time that I know. Yet somehow, it gets pushed to the bottom of the list ...

I want to leave you with a little story about Rodney. Almost two decades ago, Rodney traveled across the state to receive a gastric bypass surgery that was not commonly done in our neck of the woods. His insurance did not cover it; but he was so convinced he needed this surgery, he was willing to pay the cost out of his own pocket.

He called and left a message on the answering machine informing us he'd "left to go start his new life."

And the surgery was a success!

Now, he's just left again to start his new life.

~~

Finally, a quick word to let my readers know my work of fiction with the working title of "Angel on Assignment" has now finished the first round of edits. 

I'm looking for readers! If you are interested in a story about family secrets and redemption for even the most unlikely, leave a comment and I will get back to you.



2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you, Sandi. He is the first of our siblings to pass and it reminds us of short the time is!

      Delete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.