Friday, April 3, 2020

A few of my favorites ...

Happy first Friday in April!




I don't know if you are feeling like me, but everything seems a bit surreal. We are in the midst of sheltering-at-home in the midst of a pandemic. We've never done this before!

I don't have all the answers about what I should be doing right now. I know one thing: it's always appropriate to give thanks for the blessings I have.

Here's five:

1. Time - I've always been saying I don't have enough time at home. Now I have more!

2. Resurrecting a tradition - When I was a kid, my Granny lived with us for a few years. I have such fond memories of her playing games with us at the kitchen table.  Her favorite game to play with adults was Scrabble; and her favorite game to play with kids was Bingo. Last night, I played Bingo with my grand-twins and it had a feeling of deja vu about it. I would have never guessed during those simple games with Granny that someday I'd be doing the same thing with my grand-kids. It was a sweet moment.

3. Options - I had a thing happen this week which made me both not happy and thankful. My personal computer bit the dust - it was 9 years old, after all - but I felt the timing was lousy. (But, is it ever the right time for something to quit working?) I'm thankful I do business with a savvy computer tech and he was able to find me a wonderful deal on a new computer. And, I'm thankful I have a lap-top that is working well enough to keep me going while my new one is being shipped. 

Since I work my second job from home, and am focusing during sheltering-at-home on writing and studying more than ever, having a working computer is essential.

4.  Uplifting messages - One of the blessings of having more time is more opportunities to not only listen to my own Pastors via Facebook, but I can listen to my other friend's Pastors as well. In fact, I haven't even gotten to all of them yet!

5. Quote of the week - I've heard so many good ones this week, like "The church is not empty, it's been deployed," as seen on Facebook; but today, I will leave you with this from Debbie Kitterman:


Don’t waste the rest and don’t miss the reset. God is wanting to bring His church and His people into alignment in order to pour out new assignments!


I don't want to waste this time I've been given.

So, how did YOUR week go? Consider leaving a comment to share; or if you'd like to join the fun, link a post of your own over at the lovely Susanne's space where the Friday's Fave Five writing community meets.

I'll also link this post at Grace&Truth.

3 comments:

  1. I've had moments of joy and moments of surrealism, depression ( and i am NEVER depressed!!) and a bit anxious. And to top if off we found out at work that our state ed dept is NOT allowing us to have our spring break from work. Some of the public school districts have ruined it for us in special ed preschool. We've been teaching and sending home learning kits and they're all just getting started. It just doesn't seem fair and yet in the scheme of things, whatmis fair?? This is a first world problem and i wouldn't really be able to travel anyways so.....sigh....

    Your list is wonderful!! I love that you resurrected an old game you loved with your grandma by playing it now with your grandchildren.

    I love your daffodil photo!!

    Have a restful weekend

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun to enjoy Bingo with your grands! Glad you could replace your computer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi again! I love your faves. This is a sure weird time, isn't it!? I know we are all doing the best we can. So glad you got a new computer. We (amazingly) bought a new one the day after Christmas and then upgraded our internet at the beginning of February before we ever thought we would all be working/going to school from home. I think it was a "God thing" listening to whisperings when His spirit tells us what we need to do. I love scrabble - my husband not so much. See you again soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.