Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Reminders ...

During these uncertain times, I decided to revive some of my posts from my 2013 Fearless series. I'm calling the revamped series, "F.E.A.R. - False Evidence Appearing Real" ... because fear comes from the enemy, not the Lord.





I had a bad night last night. Again.

Even though I knew better, I allowed fear to creep in and squeeze my heart with anxiety.

Do you ever have times when fear sneaks up and blindsides you?

I know I should be on guard at all times because that sneaky devil loves to ambush me, and his favorite time is in the middle of the night.

By the time he is done with me, I'm convinced I will end up widowed, homeless, and jobless.  It's pretty pathetic the misery I can conjure up with just my imagination, no doubt, fueled by the whispers of the enemy. 

I know better.  I really do.  In the light of day, I quickly did these things to make me feel better:

  • Remind myself of who God is.  He is the lover of my soul, the all-sufficient one, my Jehovah-jireh who provides.  He is my Jehovah-Rapha, the Lord who heals.
  • Remind myself of what God has done in the past. He has been with me countless times before and worked everything out.  Why would He let me down now?
  • Remind myself of what God has said. Dwell on His Word.  I consider this part of seeking the kingdom of God.  If you know His Word, and know what His will is for you, then you can stand on His promises .  

"And do not seek what you should eat or what you should drink, nor have an anxious mind. For all these things the nations of the world seek after, and your Father knows that you need these things. But seek the kingdom of God, and all these things shall be added to you. Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom. Sell what you have and give alms; provide yourselves money bags which do not grow old, a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches nor moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also."  Luke 12:29-34



I love the way the Message translates this passage:




“What I’m trying to do here is get you to relax, not be so preoccupied with getting so you can respond to God’s giving. People who don’t know God and the way he works fuss over these things, but you know both God and how he works. Steep yourself in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. You’ll find all your everyday human concerns will be met. Don’t be afraid of missing out. You’re my dearest friends! The Father wants to give you the very kingdom itself.
 
He knows what you need. Don't fear.  It is His pleasure to give His children the kingdom.  The word translated pleasure means to think well of, approve an act, willing. If you seek HimHe is more than willing to give you what you need ... when the time is right.


I'm going to remember this the next time the enemy tries to take me down with fear. 

What do you do when fear ambushes you?  


*This post was adapted from an earlier post.


~~~

I'm linking this post with the communities at:
#TellHisStory 
InstaEncouragements Link-Up
Grace&Truth

6 comments:

  1. Jarralea, I love your acronym for fear! Thank you for encouraging us to be fear-less and persevere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how The Message hits those needed spiritual truths home to us, Jerralea.

    Trusting with you in God's faithfulness and in His Word ... even and especially during this hard season.

    Bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's always good to be reminded of who our God is and what He promises us. Also what he commands like...do not worry, do not fear, etc. Always always I have to go back to the Rock! Always back to the truth. We are a forgetful people, aren't we? Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WowZers! Jerralea, you have been writing a LONG time!!! I love this —> F.E.A.R. - False Evidence Appearing Real" ... because fear comes from the enemy, not the Lord!!! That is so the truth! Thank you for these encouraging reminders!

    Pinned.

    Thank you for linking up at InstaEncouragements!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing this again...obviously, I missed it the first time but so helpful and appropriate for these days now! Great encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have had some of those middle of the night encounters with anxiety. It's as if I have forgotten everything that God says is true. Thank you for showing us the way back to God.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.