Tuesday, December 3, 2019

November reflections

May I interrupt your day with this announcement? We have 28 days left in this decade.

That is all.

Go on with your regular schedule. I'm just going to camp out here and think a bit.

Frankly, I don't remember being as reflective when the year 2000 arrived. Perhaps because Y2K was a thing and that was all the chatter.

But the world went on, and twenty years later, we are about to enter into a new decade. 

For some reason, I just feel 2020 is going to be momentous.

You're probably wondering, "Jerralea, this seems like a December reflection more than a November one."

You're right. So, let's look back on November.

Something That Made Me Smile

As usual, this category is all about the grands. Behold the twins idea of how to roast a turkey:













































Something That Made Me Think / Something that Spoke to Me

I don't want to get too wordy, but this category makes me want to go on and on. November is the month I've been obsessed with the idea of Sabbath.

I know, I know. 

Sabbath is an idea that has been around since the beginning of time. A couple years back, I read Shelly Miller's "Rhythm of Rest," and joined her email group, The Sabbath Society. Yet I'm just now seriously working to apply it to my life.

(What does that say about me, a life-long attender of church, just now getting serious about the subject. And, why does the church not teach more about it?)

Currently, I'm reading A. J. Swoboda's "Subversive Sabbath." Next, I want to tackle John Mark Comer's new book, "The Ruthless Elimination of Hurry." I'm sure I will be sharing more and more about this as time goes on; but for now, a couple quotes to meditate on: 



“God relentlessly pursued us because all he ever wanted was to be with us.”

John Ortberg, seen here

and, 

Dallas Willard called “hurry, the greatest enemy to our spiritual life in our day and you must ruthlessly eliminate hurry from your life.”

... heard here

Relentless and ruthless - not giving up nor letting anything stand in your way ....

A Win For The Month

I'd gotten behind both at work and here at home. I'm happy to say November saw me get caught back up ... just in time for the end-of-the-year hustle.



Share a favorite picture















How about you? What's been going on in your world? Leave a comment and share!

I'm linking up at Emily P. Freeman's post, What We Learned This Fall and
Recharge Wednesday
#TuneInThursday

3 comments:

  1. You are in a introspective and thoughtful mood today! Love it! I hadn't thought about this being the very end of another decade. I love those cute, cute turkey instructions. One of my daughters did one about how to bake a cake when she was in kindergarten. So funny and cute. I have read that book about the Sabbath and it was very good. I try to make Sunday a day of rest and retreat from the ordinary business of life. When I am able to do that, my entire week goes much better. Hope you have a good Wednesday. See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a good post, Jerralea! I need to check out those other books about Sabbath. Thank you for the recommendations!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.