Monday, September 2, 2019

August reflections...



When I look back at August, I see it was amazingly like July! (You might refer back to my July post to understand the following.)

I'm still enamored with Instagram and involved with growing with my people there.

I'm super excited about learning more about chesed. In fact, I did decide to look up all 247 instances of chesed in the King James Version. Given my time schedule, and my desire. To. Do. All. The. Things, I pledged to myself I would take one verse about chesed a day to study. I'd first write it out by hand. I then would look it up in context - very important! And then, I'd just ask God what He wanted me to get out of it.

Oh, yeah, I also gave myself the weekends off from thinking about it.

Doing the above plan would mean it would take me a year to study it. And that is when the idea of "The Year of Chesed," was born. (It is going to be my next book, Doesn't that sound so "writerly?" "Next book!" Of course, I have to finish the first one first... More about that next month.)

I'm 8 days into studying chesed. I've been uplifted, surprised and challenged. I'm hoping in the future to convey those same thoughts - and more - to my readers.

So, yes, August was the month of Instagram and chesed. How did your August go?


~~~


I'm linking up this post with the following communities:

10 Things I Learned This Summer
Inspire Me Monday
#TellHisStory





3 comments:

  1. That's a very good study you're into! Hesed really doesn't have just a one word translation. It is so much more. Did you know Michael Card has a whole book written on it? It just came out last year after years of study. Here's the link in case you're interested. You can it on Amazon. It is called "Inexpressible: Hesed and the Mystery of God's Lovingkindness"

    Blessings to you! I'm your neighbor at #InspireMeMonday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm an instagram fan too. Hesed...sounds likes an interesting study. Visiting from #38 at Emily P. Freeman's site.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what in the world is chesed??????? I don't have time to google it!! haha....

    Instagram is a fun way to post to FB without logging onto FB and wasting time! I love instagram!! (except my daughters won't let me follow them on there!!).

    Happy almost autumn!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.