Friday, March 15, 2019

Secret Place

Where is the best place to pray? My husband read off the marquee aloud to me as we passed by a church on our way to our own church.

I answered, "in your prayer closet," but when I looked the scripture up to be sure, I preferred what the translator in the New King James put:  "the secret place."

But you, when you pray, go into your room, and when you have shut your door, pray to your Father who is in the secret place; and your Father who sees in secret will reward you openly. - Matthew 6:6

You see, you can go into your room and shut the door, and instantly, your room is transformed into the secret place.



I'm thinking of lovers who have a special place they go to so they can be alone in each other's company. The one wouldn't be there without the other. It's a place where the world is not invited in, only they, each, are free to meet there. It would be their "secret place."

Now, in the case of a follower of Christ, you don't have to wait for the Lover of your soul to come, He is already there. Could that be ... because ... you are carrying Him in your heart already? So, where you go, He goes!

In the natural, lovers meet as often as possible. How often do you meet the Lover of your soul? Actually, the place is optional - just somewhere quiet away from prying eyes and ears, but the Partner? The Partner is crucial. Only one Lover of your soul would ever really satisfy - JESUS!
[5 Minutes Up]

And because the Lover, Jesus, is a perfect gentleman, He lets YOU set how often you come to the secret place.

Don't let life happening keep you from going to your secret place.

~~~


This post was written in response the word prompt given at FiveMinuteFriday. You are most welcome to join in!

I'm also sharing at Crystal's #FreshMarketFriday community.

2 comments:

  1. oh i love this post Jerralea! Thanks for reminding me to get alone with the Lover of my soul in my secret place. (sometimes for me, that's the top of a mountain :) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good reminder and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.