Friday, January 25, 2019

January Faves

It's time to join in at Susanne's Living to Tell the Story and share some weekly favorites.

1. As some of you may know, I chose the word "consistent," for my One Word 365 offering. I just want to report for the last 15 days straight, I got up early and wrote 500 words.

Go me!

2. Another highlight for me was something I do every January:  box up old files and set files up for the new year. I'm nearly done and I love how neatly organized it all is. Every year I choose a color of the year and all files and binders are color coded with that color. 2019 is red.

3. The kids are 100 days into their school year and were supposed to dress in something reflecting 100. The Pre-K kids were to dress as elderly people.  Here are the twins, ready to hand out Werther's candies to all their friends:


(photo Alexa Lawson)



4. I'm so blessed to have all my kids nearby! We will gather this Sunday to celebrate my birthday and everyone will be able to be there. I don't take that lightly when I consider how many birthdays I've been apart from my mom.

I'll also be able to see this little dumpling:



5. I'm also thankful to celebrate 63 years. At first, I didn't want to say anything about birthdays; but then, I thought, 


"I want to give my Lord praise for bringing me through 63 years, through thick and thin! He has never left me or forsaken me." 

That's something to celebrate!

How did YOUR week go? Leave a comment and share!

I'm linking up at Friday's Favorite Five and Crystal's "FreshMarketFriday."


~~~

I just want you to know how highly I value those of you that make your way to the Journey to read my words! I believe encouraging others with the written word is a worthy calling. Thank you especially to those who respond. You make it worthwhile!

I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.


If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

8 comments:

  1. Those twins look adorable in their "elderly" dress for the 100 days of school. Really cute! My hubby even got a chuckle when he walked by and saw them. :)

    Good for you when it comes to writing 500 words every day! That is certainly being consistent.

    I hope you have a wonderful birthday celebrating 63 years of life the Lord has blessed you with, my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! 15 days straight! Too impressive ... and quite motivating!

    Congrats, Jerralea ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday to you!

    The twins' costumes are so adorable. And handing out the Werther's! Haha, love that!

    Good for you for writing 15 days straight. That is so inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kudos to you for getting up early and writing 15 days straight! For some reason I love getting files set up and in use. Great idea to color code years. What fun costumes! I know what you mean about loving having kids nearby and not taking it for granted. I always lived 1,000 miles away from my mom after I got married. I am so thankful all but one of my kids lives nearby, and the one away comes in a few times a year. And having the one grandchild nearby is a double blessing! Your little dumpling is a cutie. Have a wonderful birthday celebration tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy early birthday! The grand kids are getting so big!! I hope you enjoy your day celebrating! Great too for your consistency with getting up and writing!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy birthday! I hope you're having a great day. The twins look great and I bet they had a fun day. Well done on the writing too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fun to pretend you're 100! I wonder if the grandkids realize how different things are now than they were 100 years ago. It's a great learning activity.

    Happy Birthday to you! It truly is a blessing to have all your family nearby.

    I am totally impressed with your writing consistency. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well happy belated birthday to you! Celebrate away! It really is a blessing to have family nearby. My two oldest live away and I wish I could see them way more than I do.

    I can't believe how big the kids are already! Wow. They look awesome dressed as seniors.

    Way to go on being so consistent with your writing.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.