Monday, December 10, 2018

I have a defender ... Advent Reflections





BECAUSE HE CAME ... I HAVE AN ADVOCATE.

1 John 2:1 New Living Translation (NLT)  My dear children, I am writing this to you so that you will not sin. But if anyone does sin, we have an advocate who pleads our case before the Father. He is Jesus Christ, the one who is truly righteous.

Easton's Bible Dictionary defines the Greek word translated advocate like this:

(Gr. parakletos), one who pleads another's cause, who helps another by defending or comforting him.

One of the perks of being a child of God is you can have a defender, not a public defender but the finest legal talent ever,  the One who wrote the law. (And the One who paid the price for the sins of His children!)

Think about it - the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords is on YOUR side! 
~~~


During the month of December, the Journey will be taking a hiatus. I'm adapting some of my 2012 series, "Because He Came" posts for your Advent reflections. 

Short but sweet, these devotional thoughts pack a punch of scripture followed by the realization, "Hey! I only have this blessing because He came and dwelt among men!"



Linking up with Inspire Me Monday.

4 comments:

  1. Amen! Our Defender has come!

    Thanks for sharing this encouragement.

    Enjoy your time off this Advent season.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praise God, for our Defender! He does battle for us. Our souls get to rest in the process ...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.