Monday, November 12, 2018

The Journey's Weekly Check-Up






I'm doing a new thing on the Journey. Each Monday, I will be sharing a reflection journal observing some of the activities, thoughts and sights I'm experiencing along my Journey.

Let me know if you might be interested in doing a journal along with me. Perhaps a Monday link-up might be in our future.

Here is this week's offering:

Share something that made you smile

This exchange between my grandson and my daughter:

Brody: Guess what I did at church today?

Janae: What?

Brody: I gave everyone a free hug!

(Gives Janae and his Dad a hug.)

Brody: I don't want to give any more free hugs. That's enough.


Share something that made you think

This snippet from one of my Pastor's sermons:

"Did Jesus come to live 33 years, then get beaten and die on the cross so you could be a 'church person' and still live in sin?"

Ouch!


Share a win from this week

I'm in a season of reflecting and evaluating the things I'm doing. Are the things I'm doing going to help me meet my goals? What can I streamline? What systems can I set up that will help me achieve success?

One of my first steps was making a growth plan. I have chosen a monthly goal, two different weekly goals and a daily goal for personal growth. I've resisted the urge to complicate things and made them simple and do-able.

Now, I'm addressing goals for my writing life. My win for this week is determining a publishing schedule for my blog.

  • Monday: Reflection or Inspirational post
  • Wednesday: Fictional Post (more about Morgan!)
  • Friday: Either join in with the community at Five Minute Friday and write on a one-word prompt, or join in with the community at Friday's Fave Five and write on 5 blessings from the week.

I think that makes for a well-rounded writing experience on the Journey.



Share a great quote (my long-time readers know I love me a good quote!)

"You only live once. But if you work it right, once is enough." - Fred Allen


Share a song or a scripture that ministered to you

Here is an awesome scripture if you are are in a season of reflection and evaluation, too:

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. Hebrews 12:1 NLT

The phrase, "Lay aside the weight that slows us down," really speaks to me. The things weighing me down might not necessarily be a sin, but if they are weighing me down and not needful to my calling, perhaps they should be discarded.


Share a favorite picture


Historic Kornthal Church, dedicated in 1861.



I pass by this beautiful church everyday!

And that's a wrap for this week on the Journey. Talk to you soon.


~~~

Today, I'm joining the communities at Inspire Me Monday and Trekking Thru the Week.

7 comments:

  1. My win for today: bought a new vacuum and cleaned with my husband (doesn't happen very often!) Love that white church!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a neat church to pass by so often! So much history there I do believe!

    bettu

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun reflection. I love the quote from your pastor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for prompting a smile and a thoughtful moment this morning, Jerralea ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've found that a publishing calendar is so very helpful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your creativity and the heart story amid the fictional words. What a beautiful church, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.