Saturday, April 28, 2018

AmaZing Yearning Love



It has been said “there is a God shaped vacuum in the heart of every man which cannot be filled by any created thing, but only by God, the Creator, made known though Jesus.” (Pascal said something similar, but not, it seems, this exact quote).

I do believe whoever said it was on the right track.

Our journey here is a journey to filling that God-shaped vacuum. We yearn for it and try to fill it with all manner of things until we finally come to the saving knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Then that yearning changes to longing for Home!

Would it surprise you to know the Lord yearns, too?

 

Is Ephraim my dear son?
    Is he my darling child?
For as often as I speak against him,
    I do remember him still.
Therefore my heart yearns for him;
    I will surely have mercy on him,
declares the Lord.
Jeremiah 31:20 (ESV)

Merriam-Webster  defines yearn as longing persistently, and to feel tenderness and compassion.

In this passage of scripture, Ephraim (another word for the children of Israel) has finally repented and the Lord longs for them and has compassion and mercy for them.

I love the phrase, “my heart yearns for him!”

If you have accepted Jesus as your Savior, scripture teaches you are counted as a seed of Abraham and part of the children of Israel. The Lord yearns for you, too!

The Lord yearns for each to be in right relationship with Him.

It’s an AmaZing Yearning love!


Be encouraged on your journey Home to AmaZing Love. It. Will. Be. Worth. Everything!

Check back here every day for new links. I don't want you to miss a post, so why not sign up to subscribe. It's easy-peasy. Just enter your email address in the sidebar right above my profile.

If a post resonates with you, please consider sharing by clicking one of the social media buttons at the bottom of this post.

~~~

I'm linking this post with some awesome writers at Arabah Joy's Grace&Truth, and Debbie Kitterman's #TuneInThursday communities.

1 comment:

  1. His heart yearns for us and then He puts a yearning in our heart for Him that only He can satisfy. Amazing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.