Monday, March 5, 2018

His job / My job


I’ve been really focusing on writing out scripture in the mornings. I find writing it down helps my brain to dwell on the Word more fully. It’s amazing the little nuggets God drops into your consciousness as you do so!

Today’s scripture, Matthew 6:33, is certainly not a new one to me:

But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you.

Verse 34 wasn’t included in the day’s writings, but that’s just wrong, because the message is not complete without it:

Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


The thought came to me is this:

His job is to add.

My job is to seek.

It’s a given this journey Home is going to include beaucoup troubles and trials. But I’m not to worry over these things. He doesn’t tell me to make a list and have a back-up plan for whatever could go wrong.

He certainly doesn’t tell me to plan ahead for what could go wrong tomorrow.

My part is to seek Him and live righteously – live in right standing with Him. He will add knowledge of what to do when things go wrong. He will make a way when my path is rough and steep. He will provide when the supplies run out. When my route is detoured, no sweat! He knows the way and will guide me.

Seeking Him will add a God-consciousness to everything in my life. I’ll know if things are a good idea or not just by the promptings of the Holy Spirit in my soul.

And when I feel a prompting, I’ve got to take that leap of faith and go with it, trusting all the while.

Yeah, sometimes I’ll mess up. As long as I’m walking this path Home, I’ve still got some carnality wanting to rise up in me and make me stumble off on a rabbit trail. But if I’m truly seeking Him, He’s big enough to get me back on the path Home.

He’s a good, good Father, you know …

~~~

Linking today with the communities at Inspire Me Monday and at God-Sized Dreams.


3 comments:

  1. Yes, he'll lead us back and I pray we don't stray.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jerralea, I love the breakdown of His job versus ours. This goes so well with what God has been laying on my heart this morning. I’ve been hanging out in Matthew 6:25-34 today. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the reminder! All too often I think that I'm in control.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.