Tuesday, January 16, 2018

The Becoming One

I love studying the attributes of God. It gives me knowledge of His nature. The more I know Him, the more I love and trust Him.



The name Yahweh is associated with God as the Becoming One, the God who becomes what His people need.  

A father of the fatherless, a defender of widows,Is God in His holy habitation. (Psalm 68:5)

The fatherless need a father; Yahweh is there. The widows need a defender; God is there.

Your Father becomes what you need!

I feel we can apply that principle to so many areas of our lives:
·        you need direction, He becomes your guide;
·        you need help, He is your Helper;
·        you need someone to speak up for you; He is your advocate;
·        you’re in the depths of despair; He is the glory and the lifter of your head;
·        you need food, clothing and shelter; He is your provider.

And last but not least, when you need healing, Exodus 15:26 tell us He is your healer.  Isaiah 53:5 says He paid the price for your healing and the Apostle Peter confirms His Son Jesus did just that!

Let's never forget the incredible gift of God's love for us. Whatever your need, focus on Him. Jesus told us to seek Him first and then things would be added to us.

Seek Him and you are sure to find what is best for you.

~~~

I'm linking at Char's Trekking Thru the Week community.

5 comments:

  1. And if we seek? We will most definitely find! Thanks Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I always find such great words here at your blog. YES...seek first HIS KINGDOM and He will add so much to ours.

    I was just talking about this with my daughters....how they really need to seek God's wisdom...even more than dave's and mine.

    Enjoy the week Jerralea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yahweh is such a profound name, one of my very favorites for wrapping a word around the mystery of who he is. Thanks for sharing, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jerralea! I really like the image you're using on this post. The little lights are so pretty!
    Isn't it amazing how God can be everything to all people? Even though we are so different, we are all filled in him. Love does that I think. All our needs kind of boil down to love.
    Have a great week!
    Ceil

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jerralea, This is my favorite way to study the bible....digging in and identifying God's attributes. It brings the bible alive for me and turns stories into a living example of who God is for me as well as others. This simple exercise has me in the Old Testament much more than the New. It is exciting to see who God is and how He relates to his people. Love your post!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.