Friday, December 29, 2017

Week in Review and F.F.F.

I hope my readers had a fantastic Christmas holiday and are enjoying this little breathing space between Christmas and New Year's.

I always love this time of both reflection (since I'm working on a Year in Review post) and looking ahead (thinking of my One Word for 2018).

Sometimes it good just to sit and think ...

1. We had a lovely day with family on Christmas. Although all the gift giving turned out to be overwhelming (think of all the wrapping paper used for gifts for 6 adults and 3 kids), it turned out very nice. However, we have ruled out wrappings with glitter on them for next year. It's just too much.

2. Love the Christmas foods!  For me, especially, it was the green bean casserole. I have never made this until Daniel joined our family, and then when I learned to add cheese and bacon to it, the dish was amped up to a whole new level of bacon-y goodness.

You can't go wrong adding bacon!

3. I was blessed to have the day after Christmas off and I just did whatever I felt like doing that day. Such a blessing to be able to do that once in awhile.

4. When I did go back to work I discovered the internet was not working. I was not able to get it repaired until the next day. Thankful heart! When you have good internet, life just goes much more smoothly.

5. I love when I can see all my grands at once. Christmas gave me another opportunity to see these three:



And so ends another week on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? Please share in the comments below.

Or, why not link up a post of yours at Susanne's Fave Five Linkup? There's a world of good things going on to share!

I'm also linking up at Brenda's Chasing Community Linkup. Such good stuff to read!

8 comments:

  1. I've never tried green bean casserole with cheese and bacon also. Wow - that sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love roasted veggies and potatoes. Yum!
    That photo of your three grandchildren is adorable!
    I'm glad the internet is working again at your office--we are so dependent on internet now.
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was the first year i didn't make green bean casserole...my family is sick of it! We did roasted veggies and hummus, pumpkin seed crackers, and gingerbread cake ( happy birthday Jesus cake) and a potato casserole dish we like.

    Yay for time with family and for Internet back to working!

    happy New Year!,

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love reading about your happiness. Thanks for sharing that adorable picture. And yes to the bacon. We're having a broccoli salad tomorrow that features bacon prominently!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Precious grandchildren, Jerralea. Sounds like y'all had a great week. -- I put cheese in my green bean casserole, but haven't ever tried bacon. Will have to try that next time. :) Happy New Year to you and yours; may 2018 be good to you all. ((Hug))

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet photo of your three grands! Glad you had good celebrations. A very Happy New Year to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Green bean casserole with cheese and bacon....well, YES! I am just imagining how tasty that was. I'll have to give it a try. I'm so happy your family had a wonderful Christmas. Happy New Year, my friend. May 2018 be fulling blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am very late visiting FFF this time! I think things are finally back to "normal" after the holidays.

    It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas. I agree about the glitter. It seems like we always have it on Christmas cards now, and one year it got all over my clothes while addressing them, then in the laundry it got all over everyone else's so we all sparkled for a while. :-) But on all the wrapping paper - that would be hard to get out of the carpets, etc.

    We had green bean casserole occasionally but not for Christmas until my d-i-l joined the family, and that's one dish she makes. I love it! She does put cheese in it, but we'll have to try bacon!

    So glad you got to see all the grandkids at once and got your internet back! We do depend on that a lot these days.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.