Thursday, December 14, 2017

Homesick

There's a light in the window ...
Did you know you can learn a lot watching the game show, "Jeopardy?"

The hubs and I tape it and then watch it every night before bed. It's a good way to unwind and take your mind off the day's happenings.

So the other day,  the clue was "an intense desire to return home."

"What is nostomania?"

Homesickness. The answer meant homesickness.

Have you ever experienced nostomania?  I have. I love me some home; and usually, when I've been gone for about three days, I start longing for home.

In fact, being a homebody was just born in me. Home is my haven and there's no place I'd rather be.

As my readers know, I discuss the Journey to my heavenly home on the blog. A. Lot.

Perhaps I suffer from heavenly nostomania!

But it's not just me. Others experience a longing for their heavenly home, too.


Each one of these people of faith died not yet having in hand what was promised, but still believing. How did they do it? They saw it way off in the distance, waved their greeting, and accepted the fact that they were transients in this world. People who live this way make it plain that they are looking for their true home. If they were homesick for the old country, they could have gone back any time they wanted. But they were after a far better country than that—heaven country. You can see why God is so proud of them, and has a City waiting for them. Hebrews 11:13-16 MSG

During this season, the focus is on celebrations with friends and family, and home plays a major part in the fun. Enjoy your home and gathering places with your friends; but, never forget this is not your true Home.

The celebration when you get there will be epic!

~~~

When thinking about homesickness for my true Home, I also remembered that great Dottie Rambo song, "I've Never Been This Homesick Before. I found a YouTube version of the song by one of my favorite groups, The Crabb Family, and wanted to share it with you!  Enjoy!




(Subscribers will need to click through to my blog to see the video.)


I'm linking this post to Brenda's #ChasingCommunity and Jennifer's #TellHisStory linkups.

6 comments:

  1. I love me some home, too! Even though I also love to travel. I'm currently on a business trip with Jeff at Cape Canaveral. A week or so at a time is all I want to be gone from home. :) Won't it be wonderful when we are in our final home and never have to leave it for all eternity? Hope you have a blessed Christmas, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard that word before, Jerralea. Thanks for that little lesson. (We like Jeopardy, too. :) ) What a sweet perspective to keep...always longing for our true, eternal home. --- Hope you and your household are having a lovely Christmas season, full of all His goodness and glory. ((hug))

    ReplyDelete
  3. A very good perspective to keep during this busy season. It truly will be a wonderful homecoming when we get to go to our eternal home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so resonating with you, friend! And this here ...'Home is my haven and there's no place I'd rather be.'

    And yet there are days when I truly long for my someday heavenly home ...

    ReplyDelete
  5. A new word, thank you. I can only imagine what our true homecoming will be like. R.C. Sproul is experiencing that today. Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for teaching ,e a new word today! We used to watch Jeopordy all the time when the girls were little and were in bed by 7:30.... now that is my do housework time! Ha!

    But what you say about home is so true.....my daddy is spending his first Xmas in our heavenly Home and this is my mama's 5th Xmas with Jesus in Heaven......so comforting to know they are HOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.