Sunday, November 26, 2017

He Answers! # 26



I called on the Lord in distress;

The Lord answered me and set me in a broad place.
Psalm 118:5


Have you ever been in trouble and asked God for help and it all worked out?

If so, here's another reason to praise.

I love to praise for the here and now; but sometimes, it is good to remember past victories.

I remember a time when we were very low on money. Very low. The car wasn't working just exactly right and the hubs was out tinkering with it.

I don't really understand all the dynamics of what happened; I just know my husband came into the house pretty shaken up. He thought he had damaged the timing chain and stripped the gears.

Talk about distress! We didn't know what to do. We had no resources to fix the problem. 

We decided to anoint the car with oil and pray. 

I'm sure we looked a sight, out there in plain view (we live off a state highway), pouring a bottle of vegetable oil over our engine and then holding hands and praying.

Guess what? After praying, Jim went and turned the ignition. The engine roared to life and worked like a charm.

We sold it a couple years later and it was still running well.

I'm glad to know we can call on God for help. He cares about every detail of our lives. He helps. Maybe He doesn't always answer in the way we think He should; but, He always helps us get through what we are facing.

He's a good, good Father, you know ...



~~~




This is Day #26 of prompts from 30 Days of Thanks-Living. You can see the entire list at Crystal's An Invitation to 30 Days of Thanks-LivingAlthough Crystal's list is for her Facebook group, I'm blogging on her prompts. 

Want to read more praises? Look over in my sidebar and see a featured post from 2014. I'm still praisin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.