Saturday, February 18, 2017

Weekly Wrap-Up and a FFF

It's not Friday, but Saturday is a good day to reflect on the highlights of the week. In fact, any day is a good day to dwell on the the good things in one's life!


1.  This week began to slow down a tad ... giving me time to actually get to the BOTTOM of my to-do list. Happy smiles.


2. Of course, this was the week of love (but shouldn't every week be a week of love?) and my honey sent me this beautiful bouquet:





3. I finally decided to spend my birthday money and bought an Amazon Fire Tablet that was $10 off. I then applied my swagbucks to the deal and ended up only paying $20 plus tax. (I'm a Prime member) Sweet!

4. I'm going to a gender reveal party on Saturday to find out the sex of our newest grandbaby! So excited.

5. Quote of the week:

It takes time to find to stillness we often need to really hear. It takes time to catch our breath, slow our stampeding heart rate and thoughts, and relax into the silence, into the stillness. Then we can listen. And hear. And obey.Speak, Lord, for Your servant is listening.
... from the Internet Cafe post, The Samuel Trait


And that's a wrap for this week on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to hear all about it. Leave a comment, or consider linking your own post to Susanne's Living to Tell the Story

7 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had some good experiences this week. Happy weekend to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You've had a lovely week....with pretty flowers too!
    Yay for finding out the sex of the baby.....fun!!! (gender reveal parties are so trendy now!! i kinda wish they were a thing when I was having babies 23 years ago!!) ENJOY and I can't wait to hear the news!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great bargain on the tablet! Such pretty flowers :) How exciting to find out the gender of your new grandchild!!!

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  4. Saturday is a good day for an update! (And I'm reading it on a Sunday, so I guess I"m just glad to hear from you any old time.) Great to hear that your week went so well.
    Blessings to you, Jerralea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, great quote! So many of us have no idea how to be still anymore. Need to practice that for sure!

    Another grandbaby! Congratulations!

    Lovely bouquet from your Sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, I'm Sugar from At Rivercrest Cottage. I'm new to your blog and to FFF. I'm your newest follower, number 125. I'll be back to look around often.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Another grandbaby! This is exciting! By now you know if a boy or a girl...
    Congrats on getting to the BOTTOM of your to do list. What does that feel like? Maybe I'll never know as my lists are usually way too long.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.