2017 is off to a flying start!
In church offices, the beginning of a new year is filled with things to be done. In the midst of the busy, I like to stop and give thanks for at least 5 things that happened over the past week. There is always things for which we can give praise.
1. Being so busy makes time fly!
2. I've been having a nightly cup of coffee with one of my favorite creamers. So comforting. I love my new mug.
Our daughter bought us this set of mugs. How did she know I needed the "Mrs. Always Right" one?
3. I started a new book: The Daniel Prayer by Anne Graham Lotz. I'm only 35 pages in, but I think I will get a lot out of it. I love Anne's writings!
4. We had an interesting guest speaker at church Wednesday night. I love hearing things from others' perspectives.
5. Quote of the week: (I can definitely relate)
I don’t have enough time to live my own life!… Matt Ashcraft
Follow the link to read how Matt came to focusing on One Word for the year instead of making resolutions. Interesting!
Bonus: Anticipation! Next week, Christine from Whispered Words of Wisdom and I will kick off the 2017 season of The Loft, a Christian blogging community linkup. We hope to foster conversation as well as be a place where we can all share our work. We'd love to have YOU join in. If you'd like to join us, craft a post answering the question, "What are your top 5 goals for 2017?" (or leave an answer in the comments). January 11 at 5 a.m. will be when the linkup opens. Hope to see you there!
And that wraps up the week here on the Journey. How did YOUR week go? I'd love to know! Leave a comment, or consider linking a post of your own at Susanne's space, Living to Tell the Story.
Such an appropriate graphic today - it's 14° here in the American MidWest ... Wonder what my Canadian friends are experiencing?