Monday, January 2, 2017

The Morning Page: 01.02.17

I saw a woman making cupcakes. She poured just enough batter in each cup to fill it half full. She then took little strips of paper with a scripture printed on each and laid one on each cupcake. Then she put more batter on top of each and then popped them in the oven.
I asked what she was doing and she said, “Making scripture cakes.”
Then I woke up.
Now, I’m not sure that making scripture cakes is a feasible idea (Would the ink on the strip of paper melt off into the cake?), but I definitely felt impressed the idea of the whole dream was to ingest scripture.

It (the law) will be health to your flesh,

And strength to your bones.
Proverbs 3:8 NKJV

And,

How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Psalm 119:103 NKJV


I received confirmation when I looked at today’s First 5 devotional when I saw that Wendy Blight had also written about ingesting scripture! She was basing her devotional on Joshua 1:7-9 which talks about knowing, obeying and meditating scripture. We are to know it so well it seeps into the very marrow of our bones. (You can read her devotional here.)
God is so good! I’ve been seeking His direction in starting off this new year, and I feel He has given me a mandate to do something I know is readily do-able:  feed on His word.

Won’t you join me?

~~~

And those are my thoughts this morning. What's on YOUR mind?

5 comments:

  1. I can't help believe that some of our best dreams and brainstorms come in the night's whispers ...

    ;-}

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow....can't believe I'm reading this because on 12/28 I was reading a devotional via my bible app and it talked about meditating/feeding on the Word of God and I just posted about this very topic! Thanks for confirming what's been in my spirit as the new year approaches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how the Spirit is congruent and a similar message will be broadcast far and wide across the believing world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think I might give those cupcakes a try; you won't know until its proven right or wrong, right?

    I'm trying to ingest more scripture into me in this new year to combat my default mode of worry, anxiety, fear, and stress.

    betty

    ReplyDelete
  5. Feeding on His Word is the only way to be really full. Thanks, Jerralea, for beginning the new year with this reminder!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! I consider each comment a gift.